2020 May Opinions
All (84) | Events (2) | News, Education (7) | Opinions (17) | Top Stories, Tweets (9) | Tutorials, Overviews (49)
- Six Ways For Data Scientists to Succeed at a Startup - May 29, 2020.
Here are six tips that will help data scientists and other data professionals succeed if they have the opportunity to work at a startup.
- Privacy-preserving AI – Why do we need it? - May 29, 2020.
Various data privacy threats can result from the usual process of building and constructing data and AI-based systems. Avoiding these challenges can be supported by utilizing state-of-the-art technologies in the domain of privacy-preserving AI.
- How to Think Like a Data Scientist - May 29, 2020.
So what does it take to become a data scientist? For some pointers on the skills for success, I interviewed Ben Chu, who is a Senior Data Scientist at Refinitiv Labs.
- Are Tera Operations Per Second (TOPS) Just hype? Or Dark AI Silicon in Disguise? - May 27, 2020.
This article explains why TOPS isn’t as accurate a gauge as many people think, and discusses other criteria that should be considered when evaluating a solution to a real application.
- Deepmind’s Gaming Streak: The Rise of AI Dominance - May 27, 2020.
There is still a long way to go before machine agents match overall human gaming prowess, but Deepmind’s gaming research focus has shown a clear progression of substantial progress.
- Best GIS Courses in 2020 - May 27, 2020.
Geographic Information Systems Analysis is the analysis of spatial relationships and patterns. Spatial components are being ingrained into society with the advent of the Internet of Things (IoT) in which more data can be connected and is likely to have a spatio-temporal component as well.
- Spotting Controversy with NLP - May 21, 2020.
In this article, I’ll introduce you to a hot-topic in financial services and describe how a leading data provider is using data science and NLP to streamline how they find insights in unstructured data.
- What they do not tell you about machine learning - May 19, 2020.
There's a lot of excitement out there about machine learning jobs. So, it's always good to start off with a healthy dose of reality and proper expectations.
- Cartoon: The Worst Telemedicine? - May 16, 2020.
New KDnuggets cartoon examines what may be the worst example of telemedicine ...
- AI Channels to Follow - May 15, 2020.
AI is certainly playing an important role in our global fight against the novel coronavirus. These YouTube channels are recommended to keep you covered with the latest advancements in the field and how it is impacting our world.
- Coding habits for data scientists - May 14, 2020.
While the core machine learning algorithms might only take up a few lines of code, it's the rest of your program that can get messy fast. Learn about some techniques for identifying bad coding habits in ML that add to complexity in code as well as start new habits that can help partition complexity.
- Will Machine Learning Engineers Exist in 10 Years? - May 8, 2020.
As can be common in many technical fields, the landscape of specialized roles is evolving quickly. With more people learning at least a little machine learning, this could eventually become a common skill set for every software engineer.
- Data Scientists, Corporate Fortune Tellers - May 8, 2020.
I realized that from a corporate perspective, “fortune teller” was not entirely off from the role of a “data scientist”.
- Chatbots in a Nutshell - May 7, 2020.
Marketing scientist Kevin Gray asks Dr. Anna Farzindar of the University of Southern California about chatbots and the ways they are used.
- Were 21% of New York City residents really infected with the novel coronavirus? - May 6, 2020.
Understanding the types of statistical bias that pop up in popular media and reporting is especially important during this pandemic where the data -- and our global response to the data -- directly impact peoples' lives.
- How use the Coronavirus crisis to kickstart your Data Science career - May 4, 2020.
As the global economy dwindles, tech companies are hiring en masse. Now is the time to get yourself noticed as a Data Scientist and try to land your dream job.
- Which Face is Real? Applying StyleGAN to Create Fake People - May 1, 2020.
This post explains using a pre-trained GAN to generate human faces, and discusses the most common generative pitfalls associated with doing so.