2020 Sep News, Education
All (88) | Events (1) | News, Education (12) | Opinions (17) | Top Stories, Tweets (10) | Tutorials, Overviews (48)
- Are Data Analytics and Data Science Two Separate Fields? - Sep 29, 2020.
How are the fields of Data Analytics and Data Science related? Read this post by John Thompson, author of the new Packt book "Building Analytics Teams" to gain an understanding of the link between the two.
- KDD 2020 Celebrates Recipients of the SIGKDD Best Paper Awards - Sep 24, 2020.
Top Data Scientists Honored for Advanced Research and Applied Data Science in the Field of Knowledge Discovery in Data and Data Mining.
- How well do you wear your “operationalizing analytics” hat? Take this simple quiz to find out. - Sep 23, 2020.
The first in a series of blogs by FICO’s Benjamin Baer introduces the role of decision management as a critical means to help data-driven insights drive your business decisions.
- MathWorks Deep learning workflow: tips, tricks, and often forgotten steps - Sep 22, 2020.
Getting started in deep learning – and adopting an organized, sustainable, and reproducible workflow – can be challenging. This blog post will share some tips and tricks to help you develop a systematic, effective, attainable, and scalable deep learning workflow as you experiment with different deep learning models, datasets, and applications.
- Coursera’s Machine Learning for Everyone Fulfills Unmet Training Needs - Sep 17, 2020.
Coursera's Machine Learning for Everyone (free access) fulfills two different kinds of unmet learner needs, for both the technology side and the business side, covering state-of-the-art techniques, business leadership best practices, and a wide range of common pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- The Maslow’s hierarchy your data science team needs - Sep 15, 2020.
Domino Data Lab was announced as a leader for the second year in a row in the recently released “Forrester Wave™: Notebook-based Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning (PAML), Q3 2020” analyst report. True to our data science roots, we’ve built a Maslow’s hierarchy of data science team needs.
- Math for Programmers - Sep 10, 2020.
Math for Programmers teaches you the math you need to know for a career in programming, concentrating on what you need to know as a developer. Save 50% with code kdmath50.
- Seven Reasons to Take This Course Before You Go Hands-On with Machine Learning - Sep 9, 2020.
Eric Siegel's new course series on Coursera, Machine Learning for Everyone, is for any learner who wishes to participate in the business deployment of machine learning. This end-to-end, three-course series is accessible to business-level learners and yet vital to techies as well. It covers both the state-of-the-art techniques and the business-side best practices.
- NIST $240K Challenge: Saving Lives, One Pixel at a Time - Sep 8, 2020.
Video analytics that could save lives and property are just out of reach. A new prize challenge, Enhancing Computer Vision for Public Safety, is designed to help develop a new line of research that will bring such tools closer to reality.
- Scaling Your Data Compliance Strategy with Legal Automation - Sep 7, 2020.
Join Immuta and the COVID-19 Alliance, a non-profit organization of MIT, for this virtual workshop on Sep 23 @ 1 PM ET, to learn how you can use legal automation to easily scale your data analytics compliance strategy. Register now.
- Book Chapter: The Art of Statistics: Learning from Data - Sep 3, 2020.
Get a free book chapter from "The Art of Statistics: Learning from Data" by a leading researcher Sir David John Spiegelhalter. This excerpt takes a forensic look at data surrounding the victims of the UK most prolific serial killer and shows how a simple search for patterns reveals critical details.
- What Is Data Enrichment And How It Works - Sep 2, 2020.
Learn what is data enrichment, what are the different types, benefits and use cases for data enrichment, and how Smartproxy helps you do it.