2020 Oct News, Education
All (88) | Events (1) | News, Education (12) | Opinions (20) | Top Stories, Tweets (9) | Tutorials, Overviews (46)
- Seven Steps for Migrating Sensitive Data to the Cloud: A Guide for Data Teams - Oct 29, 2020.
Cloud migration requires a careful planning process to ensure all systems work as they should. Use this checklist, sponsored by Immuta and TDWI, to learn seven best practices for data teams migrating sensitive data to the cloud.
- Exploring the Significance of Machine Learning for Algorithmic Trading with Stefan Jansen - Oct 28, 2020.
The immense expansion of digital data has increased the demand for proficiency in trading strategies that use machine learning (ML). Learn more from author Stefan Jansen, and get his latest book on the subject from Packt Publishing.
- PerceptiLabs – A GUI and Visual API for TensorFlow - Oct 27, 2020.
Recently released PerceptiLabs 0.11, is quickly becoming the GUI and visual API for TensorFlow. PerceptiLabs is built around a sophisticated visual ML modeling editor in which you drag and drop components and connect them together to form your model, automatically creating the underlying TensorFlow code. Try it now.
- How to become a Data Scientist: a step-by-step guide - Oct 26, 2020.
Data science is everywhere. But what are the best ways to learn the field well enough to enter the profession? Read on for some tips and steps on doing so, and some great courses to help you get there.
- Good-bye Big Data. Hello, Massive Data! - Oct 22, 2020.
Join the Massive Data Revolution with SQream. Shorten query times from days to hours or minutes, and speed up data preparation with - analyze the raw data directly.
- Capitalize on Your Analytics Skills With the Johns Hopkins SAIS MA in Global Risk (Online) - Oct 20, 2020.
The Johns Hopkins SAIS MA in Global Risk (online) program prepares graduates to gain experience analyzing and addressing real-world scenarios, and the knowledge to fine-tune your analyses with insights from economics, history and political science. Enroll now and join a highly active, international community of more than 230,000 Johns Hopkins alumni.
- DOE SMART Visualization Platform 1.5M Prize Challenge - Oct 16, 2020.
The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Fossil Energy (FE) will award up to $1.5 million to winning innovators in a prize challenge to support FE’s SMART initiative. Registration deadline to participate in the challenge is 11:59 p.m. EDT Friday, Jan 22, 2021.
- Machine Learning’s Greatest Omission: Business Leadership - Oct 15, 2020.
Eric Siegel's business-oriented, vendor-neutral machine learning course is designed to fulfill vital unmet learner needs, delivering material critical for both techies and business leaders.
- Deep Learning Design Patterns - Oct 14, 2020.
New book, "Deep Learning Design Patterns" presents deep learning models in a unique-but-familiar new way: as extendable design patterns you can easily plug-and-play into your software projects. Use code kdmath50 to save 50% off.
- SIAM launches activity group, publications for data scientists - Oct 13, 2020.
Data science community at SIAM continues to grow with a new journal, book series, and activity group.
- Effective Visualization Techniques for Data Discovery and Analysis - Oct 6, 2020.
Learn how effective visual techniques help better explore and understand their data, discover trends and patterns, and communicate findings.
- New U. of Chicago Machine Learning for Cybersecurity Certificate Gives Professionals Tools to Detect and Prevent Attacks - Oct 5, 2020.
Machine learning has become an essential tool for IT security professionals seeking to detect and prevent attacks and vulnerabilities. The Center for Data and Computing (CDAC) convened a trio of University of Chicago computer science faculty to produce an innovative new remote Machine Learning for Cybersecurity certificate that will be offered for the first time this autumn.