2020 Oct News, Education
All (67) | Events (1) | News, Education (8) | Opinions (12) | Top Stories, Tweets (7) | Tutorials, Overviews (39)
- Good-bye Big Data. Hello, Massive Data!
- Oct 22, 2020.
Join the Massive Data Revolution with SQream. Shorten query times from days to hours or minutes, and speed up data preparation with - analyze the raw data directly.
- Capitalize on Your Analytics Skills With the Johns Hopkins SAIS MA in Global Risk (Online)
- Oct 20, 2020.
The Johns Hopkins SAIS MA in Global Risk (online) program prepares graduates to gain experience analyzing and addressing real-world scenarios, and the knowledge to fine-tune your analyses with insights from economics, history and political science. Enroll now and join a highly active, international community of more than 230,000 Johns Hopkins alumni.
- DOE SMART Visualization Platform 1.5M Prize Challenge
- Oct 16, 2020.
The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Fossil Energy (FE) will award up to $1.5 million to winning innovators in a prize challenge to support FE’s SMART initiative. Registration deadline to participate in the challenge is 11:59 p.m. EDT Friday, Jan 22, 2021.
- Machine Learning’s Greatest Omission: Business Leadership
- Oct 15, 2020.
Eric Siegel's business-oriented vendor-neutral three course machine learning series is designed to fulfill the unmet needs of the learner, delivering material critical for both techies and business leaders.
- Deep Learning Design Patterns
- Oct 14, 2020.
New book, "Deep Learning Design Patterns" presents deep learning models in a unique-but-familiar new way: as extendable design patterns you can easily plug-and-play into your software projects. Use code kdmath50 to save 50% off.
- SIAM launches activity group, publications for data scientists
- Oct 13, 2020.
Data science community at SIAM continues to grow with a new journal, book series, and activity group.
- Effective Visualization Techniques for Data Discovery and Analysis
- Oct 6, 2020.
Learn how effective visual techniques help better explore and understand their data, discover trends and patterns, and communicate findings.
- New U. of Chicago Machine Learning for Cybersecurity Certificate Gives Professionals Tools to Detect and Prevent Attacks
- Oct 5, 2020.
Machine learning has become an essential tool for IT security professionals seeking to detect and prevent attacks and vulnerabilities. The Center for Data and Computing (CDAC) convened a trio of University of Chicago computer science faculty to produce an innovative new remote Machine Learning for Cybersecurity certificate that will be offered for the first time this autumn.