- 5 Supporting Skills That Can Help You Get a Data Science Job, by Devin Partida - Feb 25, 2021.
If you want to stand out among your fellow applicants, here are some supporting skills you should develop.
- Why Do Machine Learning Projects Fail?, by Rahul Agarwal - Feb 24, 2021.
At the beginning of any data science project, many challenges could arise that lead to its eventual collapse. Making sure you look ahead -- early in the planning -- toward putting your resulting model into production can help increase the chance of delivering long-term value with your developed machine learning system.
- Cartoon: Data Scientist vs Data Engineer, by Gregory Piatetsky - Feb 20, 2021.
New KDnuggets Cartoon examines the problems of Data Scientists vs Data Engineers.
- We Don’t Need Data Scientists, We Need Data Engineers, by Mihail Eric - Feb 15, 2021.
As more people are entering the field of Data Science and more companies are hiring for data-centric roles, what type of jobs are currently in highest demand? There is so much data in the world, and it just keeps flooding in, it now looks like companies are targeting those who can engineer that data more than those who can only model the data.
- Machine Learning – it’s all about assumptions, by Vishal Mendekar - Feb 11, 2021.
Just as with most things in life, assumptions can directly lead to success or failure. Similarly in machine learning, appreciating the assumed logic behind machine learning techniques will guide you toward applying the best tool for the data.
- Who is fit to lead data science?, by Polly Mitchell-Guthrie - Feb 9, 2021.
Data science success depends on leaders, not the latest hands-on programming skills. So, we need to start looking for the right leadership skills and stop stuffing job postings with requirements for experience in the most current development tools.
- How to Get Data Science Interviews: Finding Jobs, Reaching Gatekeepers, and Getting Referrals, by Emma Ding - Feb 8, 2021.
In this post, the author shares what to do to get job interviews efficiently. Find answers to these questions: Where should I look for data science jobs? How do I reach out to the gatekeeper? How do I get referrals? What makes a good data science resume?
- The Best Data Science Project to Have in Your Portfolio, by Soner Yıldırım - Feb 8, 2021.
If you are trying to find your first path into a Data Science career, then demonstrating the quality of your skills can be the greatest hurdle. While many standard projects exist for anyone to complete, creating an original data-driven project that attempts to solve some challenge is worth so much more. A good Data Scientist is one that can solve data-related questions, and a great Data Scientist poses original data-related questions and then solves.
- 2011: DanNet triggers deep CNN revolution, by Jürgen Schmidhuber - Feb 4, 2021.
In 2021, we are celebrating the 10-year anniversary of DanNet, which, in 2011, was the first pure deep convolutional neural network (CNN) to win computer vision contests. Read about its history here.
- How to Get Your First Job in Data Science without Any Work Experience, by Madison Hunter - Feb 3, 2021.
Creativity, grit, and perseverance will become the three words you live by.
- Does Data Science Make You Happy?, by Yulia Lukashina - Feb 2, 2021.
Maybe you are embarking on a new learning journey into the world of data and its analysis, or you already launched your career in the field. But, how can you make sure that data science is your calling? Indeed, if you feel good in your job, then you are likely on the right path.
- One question to make your data project 10x more valuable, by Brittany Davis - Feb 1, 2021.
If you are the "data person" for your organization, then providing meaningful results to stakeholder data requests can sometimes feel like shots in the dark. However, you can make sure your data analysis is actionable by asking one magic question before getting started.