- Choosing the Right BI Tool for Your Business, by Angshuman Guha - May 28, 2021.
Here are six questions to ask as you search for the best BI tool for your specific needs.
- Top Data and Analytics Trends, by Sigmoid - May 27, 2021.
Experts and enthusiasts have already started pondering over the data and analytics trends that are expected to take the center stage, going forward. The following is a list of top trends which will dominate the market this year.
- Where Did You Apply Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2020/2021?, by Matthew Mayo - May 25, 2021.
Take part in the latest KDnuggets survey, and let us know where you have been applying Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2020/2021.
- These Soft Skills Can Make or Break Your Data Science Career, by Stefan Maraj - May 25, 2021.
In an industry long ruled by hard skills, the future career success of tomorrow’s data scientists might well depend on their ability to deploy a variety of soft skills into the workplace.
- 6 Business Trends Benefiting Data Scientists, by Devin Partida - May 21, 2021.
Here are six business trends making data scientists even more in-demand.
- A checklist to track your Data Science progress, by Pascal Janetzky - May 19, 2021.
Whether you are just starting out in data science or already a gainfully-employed professional, always learning more to advance through state-of-the-art techniques is part of the adventure. But, it can be challenging to track of your progress and keep an eye on what's next. Follow this checklist to help you scale your expertise from entry-level to advanced.
- How to become an online data science tutor, by Iliya Valchanov - May 12, 2021.
Your expertise in data science may be serving you well in your day job or you are on track to land that next dream position to do what you love. There are many others aspiring to attain your level of skill, and maybe you could consider helping them out... through a side gig of teaching.
- What Makes AI Trustworthy?, by Ronel Sylvester - May 11, 2021.
This blog pertains to the importance of why AI needs to be trustworthy as well as what makes it trustworthy. AI predictions/suggestions should not just be taken at face value, but rather delved into at a deeper level. We need to understand how an AI system makes its predictions to put our trust in it. Trust should not be built on prediction accuracy alone.
- We Don’t Need Data Engineers, We Need Better Tools for Data Scientists, by Devin Petersohn - May 7, 2021.
In today's data science jobs landscape, a variety of roles are being filled from specialized engineering positions to the more generalized data scientist. However, is it possible that some of these job types are duplicative or misdirected, such as that of the Data Engineer, which might exist as we know it because of a lack of adequate tooling for Data Scientists?
- Feature stores – how to avoid feeling that every day is Groundhog Day, by Monte Zweben - May 6, 2021.
Feature stores stop the duplication of each task in the ML lifecycle. You can reuse features and pipelines for different models, monitor models consistently, and sidestep data leakage with this MLOps technology that everyone is talking about.
- What makes a winning entry in a Machine Learning competition?, by Harald Carlens - May 5, 2021.
So you want to show your grit in a Kaggle-style competition? Many, many others have the same idea, including domain experts and non-experts, and academic and corporate teams. What does it take for your bright ideas and skills to come out on top of thousands of competitors?
- The Machine Learning Research Championed by the Biggest AI Labs in the World, by Jesus Rodriguez - May 5, 2021.
How Google, Microsoft, Facebook, DeepMind, OpenAI, Amazon and IBM think about the future of AI.
- Charticulator: Microsoft Research open-sourced a game-changing Data Visualization platform, by Josh Taylor - May 3, 2021.
Creating grand charts and graphs from your data analysis is supported by many powerful tools. However, how to make these visualizations meaningful can remain a mystery. To address this challenge, Microsoft Research has quietly open-sourced a game-changing visualization platform.
- Hilarious Data Science Humor, by Yi Li - May 2, 2021.
Data scientists and developers share a goofy sense of humor. Here are some puns that we — data scientists/programmers— can definitely relate to.