- We Don’t Need Data Engineers, We Need Better Tools for Data Scientists, by Devin Petersohn - May 7, 2021.
In today's data science jobs landscape, a variety of roles are being filled from specialized engineering positions to the more generalized data scientist. However, is it possible that some of these job types are duplicative or misdirected, such as that of the Data Engineer, which might exist as we know it because of a lack of adequate tooling for Data Scientists?
- Feature stores – how to avoid feeling that every day is Groundhog Day, by Monte Zweben - May 6, 2021.
Feature stores stop the duplication of each task in the ML lifecycle. You can reuse features and pipelines for different models, monitor models consistently, and sidestep data leakage with this MLOps technology that everyone is talking about.
- What makes a winning entry in a Machine Learning competition?, by Harald Carlens - May 5, 2021.
So you want to show your grit in a Kaggle-style competition? Many, many others have the same idea, including domain experts and non-experts, and academic and corporate teams. What does it take for your bright ideas and skills to come out on top of thousands of competitors?
- The Machine Learning Research Championed by the Biggest AI Labs in the World, by Jesus Rodriguez - May 5, 2021.
How Google, Microsoft, Facebook, DeepMind, OpenAI, Amazon and IBM think about the future of AI.
- Charticulator: Microsoft Research open-sourced a game-changing Data Visualization platform, by Josh Taylor - May 3, 2021.
Creating grand charts and graphs from your data analysis is supported by many powerful tools. However, how to make these visualizations meaningful can remain a mystery. To address this challenge, Microsoft Research has quietly open-sourced a game-changing visualization platform.
- Hilarious Data Science Humor, by Yi Li - May 2, 2021.
Data scientists and developers share a goofy sense of humor. Here are some puns that we — data scientists/programmers— can definitely relate to.