- Top 10 Data Science Projects for Beginners, by Natassha Selvaraj - Jun 11, 2021.
Check out these projects for ideas to strengthen your skills and build a portfolio that stands out.
- Five types of thinking for a high performing data scientist, by Anand Rao - Jun 11, 2021.
The way you think about a problem and the conceptual process you go through to find a solution may be guided by your personal skills or the type of problem at hand. Many mental models exist representing a variety of thinking patterns -- and as a Data Scientist, appreciating different approaches can help you more effectively model data in the business world and communicate your results to the decision-makers.
- 9 Deadly Sins of Machine Learning Dataset Selection, by Sandeep Uttamchandani - Jun 11, 2021.
Avoid endless pain in model debugging by focusing on datasets upfront.
- The Essential Guide to Transformers, the Key to Modern SOTA AI, by Matthew Mayo - Jun 10, 2021.
You likely know Transformers from their recent spate of success stories in natural language processing, computer vision, and other areas of artificial intelligence, but are familiar with all of the X-formers? More importantly, do you know the differences, and why you might use one over another?
- Feature Selection – All You Ever Wanted To Know, by Danny Butvinik - Jun 10, 2021.
Although your data set may contain a lot of information about many different features, selecting only the "best" of these to be considered by a machine learning model can mean the difference between a model that performs well--with better performance, higher accuracy, and more computational efficiency--and one that falls flat. The process of feature selection guides you toward working with only the data that may be the most meaningful, and to accomplish this, a variety of feature selection types, methodologies, and techniques exist for you to explore.
- How to Generate Automated PDF Documents with Python, by Mohammad Khorasani - Jun 10, 2021.
Discover how to leverage automation to create dazzling PDF documents effortlessly.
- The 7 Best Open Source AI Libraries You May Not Have Heard Of, by Kevin Vu - Jun 9, 2021.
AI researchers today have many exciting options for working with specialized tools. Although starting original projects from scratch is often not necessary, knowing which existing library to leverage remains a challenge. This list of generally unknown yet awesome, open-source libraries offers an interesting collection to consider for state-of-the-art research that spans from automatic machine learning to differentiable quantum circuits.
- This Data Visualization is the First Step for Effective Feature Selection, by Benjamin Obi Tayo - Jun 8, 2021.
Understanding the most important features to use is crucial for developing a model that performs well. Knowing which features to consider requires experimentation, and proper visualization of your data can help clarify your initial selections. The scatter pairplot is a great place to start.
- The only Jupyter Notebooks extension you truly need, by Olga Chernytska - Jun 8, 2021.
Now you don’t need to restart the kernel after editing the code in your custom imports.
- 5 Data Science Open-source Projects You Should Consider Contributing to, by Sara Metwalli - Jun 7, 2021.
As you prepare to interview for a position in data science or are looking to jump to the next level, now is the time to enhance your skills and your resume with by working on rea, open-source projects. Here, we suggest a great selection of projects you can contribute to and help build something awesome, so, all you need to do choose one and tackle it head on.
- How to Fine-Tune BERT Transformer with spaCy 3, by Walid Amamou - Jun 7, 2021.
A step-by-step guide on how to create a knowledge graph using NER and Relation Extraction.
- PyCaret 101: An introduction for beginners, by Moez Ali - Jun 7, 2021.
This article is a great overview of how to get started with PyCaret for all your machine learning projects.
- 5 Tasks To Automate With Python, by Dylan Roy - Jun 4, 2021.
Here are 5 tasks you can automate with Python, and how to do it.
- Beyond Brainless AI with a Feature Store, by Jim Dowling - Jun 4, 2021.
AI-powered products that are limited to the data available within its application are like jellyfish: its autonomic system makes it functional, but it lacks a brain. However, you can evolve your models with data enriched "brains" through the help of a feature store.
- 10 Deadly Sins of Machine Learning Model Training, by Sandeep Uttamchandani, Ph.D. - Jun 4, 2021.
These mistakes are easy to overlook but costly to redeem.
- How a Data Scientist Should Communicate with Stakeholders, by Nathan Rosidi - Jun 3, 2021.
Effective and collaborative communication with stakeholders is a skill that can help you survive in your role as a Data Scientist at your organization. Learn how to master this interaction, and you will perform your job better, see improved outcomes from your projects, and grow in your capabilities and career.
- Machine Learning Model Interpretation, by Himanshu Sharma - Jun 2, 2021.
Read this overview of using Skater to build machine learning visualizations.
- Stop (and Start) Hiring Data Scientists, by Ian Xiao - Jun 2, 2021.
Large companies are losing many data scientists to smaller companies, so what should executives and managers do? These three “stop & start” tactics can improve talent retention, and help define a new way of recruiting and working for the Data Science field.
- How to Make Python Code Run Incredibly Fast, by Pralabh Saxena - Jun 2, 2021.
In this article, I have explained some tips and tricks to optimize and speed up Python code.
- How to Create and Deploy a Simple Sentiment Analysis App via API, by Matthew Mayo - Jun 1, 2021.
In this article we will create a simple sentiment analysis app using the HuggingFace Transformers library, and deploy it using FastAPI.