- Towards a Responsible and Ethical AI, by Vidhi Chugh - Jul 30, 2021.
It is not the technology at fault, but the intention.
- The Brutal Truth About Data Science, by Prad Upadrashta - Jul 28, 2021.
Many organizations approach data science as though it was a marketing tool — relabeling things that they already do as ‘data science’ as it involves the use of data. That is not real data science, and it completely misses the point of engaging in data science.
- 5 Mistakes I Wish I Had Avoided in My Data Science Career, by Tessa Xie - Jul 26, 2021.
Everyone makes mistakes, which can be a good thing when they lead to learning and improvements over time. But, we can also try to first learn from others to expedite our personal growth. To get started, consider these lessons learned the hard way, so you don’t have to.
- Why and how should you learn “Productive Data Science”?, by Tirthajyoti Sarkar - Jul 26, 2021.
What is Productive Data Science and what are some of its components?
- Design patterns in machine learning, by Ágoston Török - Jul 21, 2021.
Can we abstract best practices to real design patterns yet?
- Why Saying “We Accept the Null Hypothesis” is Wrong: An Intuitive Explanation, by Venkat Raman - Jul 19, 2021.
“The opposite of ‘Rejecting the Null’ is ‘Accepting’ isn’t it?”. Well, it is not so simple as it is construed. We need to rise above antonyms and understand one crucial concept.
- AGI and the Future of Humanity, by Charles Simon - Jul 13, 2021.
The possibilities for humanity's future very likely includes at least one in which computers will exceed human abilities. Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) does not necessarily have to be all doom and gloom. However, we must begin now to understand how this technical evolution might progress and consider what actions to take now to prepare.
- How Can You Distinguish Yourself from Hundreds of Other Data Science Candidates?, by Tirthajyoti Sarkar - Jul 13, 2021.
A few easy (and not-so-easy) ways to prove to employers that your skills and attitudes place you in a higher bracket.
- Abstraction and Data Science: Not a great combination, by Venkat Raman - Jul 12, 2021.
The article is about too much abstraction and how this programming concept when extended to Data Science makes Data Science non-intuitive.
- Relax! Data Scientists will not go extinct in 10 years, but the role will change, by Gregory Piatetsky - Jul 7, 2021.
About 70% of KDnuggets readers think that the demand for Data Scientists will increase, and 50% think it will increase significantly. At the same time, over 90% think the role of Data Scientist will change. What will the Data Scientist role be in 10 years?
- How To Transition From Data Freelancer to Data Entrepreneur (Almost Overnight), by Lillian Pierson - Jul 6, 2021.
Data freelancers trade hours for dollars while data entrepreneurs have found a way to make money while they sleep. Ready to make the transition? Keep reading to learn how to do it as SEAMLESSLY and PROFITABLY as possible.
- Data Scientists and ML Engineers Are Luxury Employees, by Adrien Biarnes - Jul 5, 2021.
Maybe it seems that everyone wants to become a data scientist and every organization wants to hire one as quickly as possible. However, a mismatch often exists between what companies tend to need and what ML practitioners want to do. So, it's time for the field to take another step toward maturity through an enhanced appreciation of the broad range of technical foundations for an organization to become data-driven.
- 5 Lessons McKinsey Taught Me That Will Make You a Better Data Scientist, by Tessa Xie - Jul 1, 2021.
How to stand out from your peers in the data world.