- The Top Industries Hiring Data Scientists in 2021, by Devin Partida - Aug 30, 2021.
People realize that effective uses of data can increase competitiveness, even in a challenging marketplace. Here are six industries hiring data scientists now that will likely continue doing so for the foreseeable future.
- How causal inference lifts augmented analytics beyond flatland, by Michael Klaput - Aug 27, 2021.
In our quest to better understand and predict business outcomes, traditional predictive modeling tends to fall flat. However, causal inference techniques along with business analytics approaches can unravel what truly changes your KPIs.
- The Significance of Data-centric AI, by Vidhi Chugh - Aug 27, 2021.
How a systematic way of maintaining data quality can do wonders to your model performance.
- Coding Ethics for AI & AIOps: Designing Responsible AI Systems, by Manisha Singh - Aug 26, 2021.
AI ops has taken Human machine collaboration to the next level where humans and machines are not just coexisting but are collaborating and working together like team members.
- The Most Important Tool for Data Engineers, by Leo Godin - Aug 26, 2021.
And it has nothing to do with Python or SQL
- What is Noise?, by Vasant Dhar - Aug 25, 2021.
We might have a reasonable sense for what "noise" is as some statically random phenomena that occurs in Nature. But, how can this same characteristic be defined--and understood--within the context of making judgements, such as in human behavior, corporate decision-making, medicine, the law, and AI systems?
- Essential Features of An Efficient Data Integration Solution, by Rabia Hatim - Aug 24, 2021.
This blog highlights the essential features of a data integration solution that help an organization generate consistent and accurate data to keep the business running smoothly.
- Django’s 9 Most Common Applications, by Aakash Bijwe - Aug 23, 2021.
Django is a Python web application framework enjoying widespread adoption in the data science community. But what else can you use Django for? Read this article for 9 use cases where you can put Django to work.
- 7 reasons you should get a formal degree in Data Science, by Purvanshi Mehta - Aug 23, 2021.
So many options are now available online to learn in the field of data science. There are several factors to consider to determine if these options or a traditional degree from an academic institution is the best approach for your personal learning style and career aspirations.
- 5 Things That Make My Job as a Data Scientist Easier, by Shree Vandana - Aug 23, 2021.
After working as a Data Scientist for a year, I am here to share some things I learnt along the way that I feel are helpful and have increased my efficiency. Hopefully some of these tips can help you in your journey :)
- Stack Overflow Survey Data Science Highlights, by Matthew Mayo - Aug 20, 2021.
The results of the 2021 Stack Overflow Developer Survey were recently released, which is a fascinating snapshot of today's developers and the tools they are using. Have a look at some selections from the report, particularly those which may be of interest to data professionals.
- Demystifying AI: The prejudices of Artificial Intelligence (and human beings), by Manjesh Gupta - Aug 20, 2021.
AI models are necessarily trained on historical data from the real-world--data that is generated from the daily goings on of society. If social-based biases are inherent in the training data, then will the AI predictions highlight these same biases? If so, what should we do (or not do) about making AI fair?
- 5 Data Science Career Mistakes To Avoid, by Tessa Xie - Aug 19, 2021.
Everyone makes mistakes, which can be a good thing when they lead to learning and improvements over time. But, we can also try to first learn from others to expedite our personal growth. To get started, consider these lessons learned the hard way, so you don’t have to.
- 15 Things I Look for in Data Science Candidates, by Mathias Gruber - Aug 19, 2021.
This article presents advice for anyone looking or hiring for data science jobs, written by someone with practical and useful insight.
- What I Learned From “Women in Data Science” Conferences, by Vidhi Chugh - Aug 17, 2021.
Read the author's perspective after attending 3 "Women in Data Science" conferences.
- 3 mindset changes to become a better analyst, by Bobby Pinero - Aug 12, 2021.
Once fresh out of school and ready to burst into an organization as a new hire with newly-developed skills and knowledge, many have learned that things tend to be a little different in the "real world" compared to university. A few shifts in your approach to continued learning and expanding your confidence might help you professionally reach a little further, faster.
- The Difference Between Data Scientists and ML Engineers, by Kurtis Pykes - Aug 11, 2021.
What's the difference? Responsibilities, expertise, and salary expectations.
- For SQL, or why I’m so over-protective of my data people, by Pedram Navid - Aug 11, 2021.
For decades, SQL has been the foundation for how humans interact with data. Alternate approaches seem to continually attempt to replace this powerful language. However, while much progress remains in the techniques and tools for the curation and management of data, the skilled craftspeople who work with data -- through the lens of SQL -- are likely to be around for decades more.
- How My Learning Path Changed After Becoming a Data Scientist, by Soner Yildrim - Aug 10, 2021.
I keep learning but in a different way.
- Including ModelOps in your AI strategy, by Giuliano Liguori - Aug 9, 2021.
The strategic power of AI has been established thoroughly across many industries and companies, leading to surges in model creation. Investments in the people, processes, and tools for operationalizing models, referred to as ModelOps, lag. This function of operationalizing, integrating, and deploying AI models in line with businesses value expectations is growing into a core business capability as global use of AI matures.
- Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning in Cybersecurity, by Peter Baltazar - Aug 5, 2021.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are the next-gen technology used in various fields. With the rise in online threats, it has become essential to include these technologies in cybersecurity. In this post, we will know what roles do AI and ML play in cybersecurity.
- How Visualization is Transforming Exploratory Data Analysis, by Todd Mostak - Aug 4, 2021.
Data analysts are dealing with bigger datasets than ever before, making interrogation difficult. Visualized Exploratory Data Analysis, supported by advanced parallel computing, promises an answer.
- How To 2x Your Data Analytics Consulting Rates (Overnight), by Lillian Pierson, P.E. - Aug 3, 2021.
Looking to up your data analytics consulting rates? Learn exactly what most freelancers are charging, and the rates you SHOULD be charging as a business intelligence and analytics consultant. This post will show you what you need to know to achieve maximum results for your data consulting career.