- KDnuggets: Personal History and Nuggets of Experience, by Gregory Piatetsky - Nov 30, 2021.
After 28+ years of publishing and editing KDnuggets, I am retiring and transitioning KDnuggets to Matthew Mayo, who will become the new editor-in-chief. I want to share with you my story of KDnuggets and highlight some of the useful nuggets of experience I learned along this amazing journey.
- New Poll: What Percentage of Your Machine Learning Models Have Been Deployed?, by Eric Siegel - Nov 29, 2021.
Take a moment to participate in the latest KDnuggets poll and let the community know what percentage of your machine learning models have been deployed.
- Why Machine Learning Engineers are Replacing Data Scientists, by Arthur Mello - Nov 29, 2021.
The hiring run for data scientists continues along at a strong clip around the world. But, there are other emerging roles that are demonstrating key value to organizations that you should consider based on your existing or desired skill sets.
- Cartoon: Data Science for Thanksgiving, by Gregory Piatetsky - Nov 25, 2021.
A classic KDnuggets Thanksgiving cartoon examines the predicament of one group of fowl Data Scientists.
- What’s the difference between a Data Scientist and a Data Analyst?, by Nisha Arya Ahmed - Nov 25, 2021.
Find out the major differences between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist, and read the author's pointers on what they would recommend you to do if you wish to make that transition from Data Analyst to Data Scientist.
- Accelerating AI with MLOps, by Yochay Ettun - Nov 24, 2021.
Companies are racing to use AI, but despite its vast potential, most AI projects fail. Examining and resolving operational issues upfront can help AI initiatives reach their full potential.
- 5 Tips to Get Your First Data Scientist Job, by Renato Boemer - Nov 22, 2021.
Read some of the key things the author has learned during the infamous job seeking stage.
- Stop Blaming Humans for Bias in AI, by Ahmer Inam - Nov 19, 2021.
Can artificial intelligence be rid of bias? This is an important question, and it’s equally important that we look in the right place for the answer.
- Where NLP is heading, by Paul Barba - Nov 18, 2021.
Natural language processing research and applications are moving forward rapidly. Several trends have emerged on this progress, and point to a future of more exciting possibilities and interesting opportunities in the field.
- Data Scientists: How to Sell Your Project and Yourself, by Ilro Lee - Nov 18, 2021.
Follow this formula for the perfect elevator pitch.
- Anecdotes from 11 Role Models in Machine Learning, by Robert Munro - Nov 12, 2021.
The skills needed to create good data are also the skills needed for good leadership.
- What’s missing from self-serve BI and what we can do about it, by Benn Stancil - Nov 11, 2021.
The notion of self-service BI tools caught an expectation that they could provide a magic formula for easily helping everyone understand all the data. But, such an end-result isn't occurring in practice. To identify a better approach, we need to take a step back and determine what problem is actually trying to be solved.
- 5 Things That Set a Data Scientist Apart From Other Professions, by Matthew Mayo - Nov 10, 2021.
Here are five things that help set the data scientist apart from other professions.
- Don’t Waste Time Building Your Data Science Network, by Kurtis Pykes - Nov 10, 2021.
Instead, focus on what matters.
- KDnuggets Top Blogs Rewards Program Resumes in December, by Gregory Piatetsky - Nov 9, 2021.
After a pause, we will be resuming KDnuggets Top Blog Rewards Program, starting with blogs published on KDnuggets in December. The program will be bigger, with $3,000 (USD) divided among top 8 most viewed guest blogs. Original blogs rewarded at the rate of 3X of reposts. Submit your original blog to KDnuggets first !
- The Common Misconceptions About Machine Learning, by Abid Ali Awan - Nov 9, 2021.
Beginners in the field can often have many misconceptions about machine learning that sometimes can be a make-it-or-break-it moment for the individual switching careers or starting fresh. This article clearly describes the ground truth realities about learning new ML skills and eventually working professionally as a machine learning engineer.
- Federated Learning: Google’s Take, by Aishwarya Srinivasan - Nov 8, 2021.
This blog will be focusing on the work Google has been doing in the Federated Learning space.
- Machine Learning Safety: Unsolved Problems, by Dan Hendrycks - Nov 5, 2021.
There remain critical challenges in machine learning that, if left resolved, could lead to unintended consequences and unsafe use of AI in the future. As an important and active area of research, roadmaps are being developed to help guide continued ML research and use toward meaningful and robust applications.
- The Best Ways for Data Professionals to Market AWS Skills in 2022, by Devin Partida - Nov 5, 2021.
Knowing your way around Amazon Web Services (AWS) is increasingly useful. Here are five ways to market your AWS skills in today’s job market.
- A First Principles Theory of Generalization, by Jesus Rodriguez - Nov 4, 2021.
Some new research from University of California, Berkeley shades some new light into how to quantify neural networks knowledge.
- Is the Modern Data Stack Leaving You Behind?, by Josh Benamram - Nov 1, 2021.
The modern data stack narrative is largely dominated by analytics engineering. Where does that leave data engineers? Discover the difference between the MDS for data engineers & analytics engineers.