- What Makes Python An Ideal Programming Language For Startups, by Nikita Bajaj - Dec 31, 2021.
In this blog, we will discuss what makes Python so popular, its features, and why you should consider Python as a programming language for your startup.
- 3 Tools to Track and Visualize the Execution of Your Python Code, by Khuyen Tran - Dec 30, 2021.
Avoid headaches when debugging in one line of code.
- 11 Best Companies to Work for as a Data Scientist, by Zulie Rane - Dec 30, 2021.
This list of best data science companies aims to go beyond the usual and expected. Some great and perhaps underrated options to get a job as a data scientist.
- 4 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Use Machine Learning, by Terence Shin - Dec 29, 2021.
It's time to learn: machine learning is not a Swiss Army knife.
- How AI/ML Technology Integration Will Help Business in Achieving Goals in 2022, by Sudeep Srivastava - Dec 29, 2021.
AI/ML systems have a wide range of applications in a variety of industries and sectors, and this article highlights the top ways AI/ML will impact your small business in 2022.
- Hands-On Reinforcement Learning Course, Part 2, by Pau Labarta Bajo - Dec 28, 2021.
Continue your learning journey in Reinforcement Learning with this second of two part tutorial that covers the foundations of the technique with examples and Python code.
- The Easiest Way to Make Beautiful Interactive Visualizations With Pandas, by Frank Andrade - Dec 28, 2021.
Check out these one-liner interactive visualization with Pandas in Python.
- Explainable Forecasting and Nowcasting with State-of-the-art Deep Neural Networks and Dynamic Factor Model, by Ajay Arunachalam - Dec 27, 2021.
Review this detailed tutorial with code and revisit the decades-long old problem using a democratized and interpretable AI framework of how precisely can we anticipate the future and understand its causal factors?
- Versioning Machine Learning Experiments vs Tracking Them, by Maria Khalusova - Dec 27, 2021.
Learn how to improve ML reproducibility by treating experiments as code.
- Tips & Tricks of Deploying Deep Learning Webapp on Heroku Cloud, by Abid Ali Awan - Dec 24, 2021.
Learn model deployment issues and solutions on deploying a TensorFlow-based image classifier Streamlit app on a Heroku server.
- Alternative Feature Selection Methods in Machine Learning, by Soledad Galli, PhD - Dec 24, 2021.
Feature selection methodologies go beyond filter, wrapper and embedded methods. In this article, I describe 3 alternative algorithms to select predictive features based on a feature importance score.
- Cutting Down Implementation Time by Integrating Jupyter and KNIME, by Mahantesh Pattadkal - Dec 23, 2021.
Are you a KNIME fan or a Jupyter fan? Well, here you don’t have to choose.
- AI and climate change have a complicated relationship, by Lewis Lovejoy - Dec 23, 2021.
Learn about the importance of environmental AI and its carbon impact in this comprehensive review.
- 6 Predictive Models Every Beginner Data Scientist Should Master, by Ivo Bernardo - Dec 23, 2021.
Data Science models come with different flavors and techniques — luckily, most advanced models are based on a couple of fundamentals. Which models should you learn when you want to begin a career as Data Scientist? This post brings you 6 models that are widely used in the industry, either in standalone form or as a building block for other advanced techniques.
- Hands-On Reinforcement Learning Course, Part 1, by Pau Labarta Bajo - Dec 22, 2021.
Start your learning journey in Reinforcement Learning with this first of two part tutorial that covers the foundations of the technique with examples and Python code.
- Machine learning does not produce value for my business. Why?, by Necati Demir - Dec 22, 2021.
What is going on when machine learning can't make the jump from testing to production, and so doesn't add any business value?
- The Best ETL Tools in 2021, by Mozart Data - Dec 21, 2021.
If you have clear, well-defined objectives, it won’t be hard to identify the ETL technology that best meets your needs. Here are some of the best ETL tools you can use in your business.
- Federated Learning: Collaborative Machine Learning with a Tutorial on How to Get Started, by Kevin Vu - Dec 21, 2021.
Read on to learn more about the intricacies of federated learning and what it can do for machine learning on sensitive data.
- Why we will always need humans to train AI — sometimes in real-time, by Shoma Kimura - Dec 21, 2021.
Customizable, real-time data labeling pipelines that can continuously receive and process unlabeled data are necessary to train and perfect the AI that impacts our lives and daily conveniences.
- The Chatbot Transformation: From Failure to the Future, by Lubo Smid - Dec 21, 2021.
The all-knowing chatbots we once thought to be the future have been replaced by specialized bots, and the results are outstanding.
- A Faster Way to Prepare Time-Series Data with the AI & Analytics Engine, by PI.EXCHANGE - Dec 20, 2021.
Many real-world datasets consist of records of events that occur at arbitrary and irregular intervals. These datasets then need to be processed into regular time series for further analysis. We will use the AI & Analytics Engine to illustrate how you can prepare your time-series data in just 1 step.
- Three R Libraries Every Data Scientist Should Know (Even if You Use Python), by Terence Shin - Dec 20, 2021.
Check out these powerful R libraries built by the world’s biggest tech companies.
- Top Stories, Dec 13-19: Write Clean Python Code Using Pipes, by KDnuggets - Dec 20, 2021.
Also: 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist; A Full End-to-End Deployment of a Machine Learning Algorithm into a Live Production Environment; The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist; Top Resources for Learning Statistics for Data Science
- How to Get Into Data Analytics If You Don’t Have the Right Degree, by Zulie Rane - Dec 20, 2021.
So, is a career in data analytics a good fit for you?
- How to Speed Up XGBoost Model Training, by Michael Galarnyk - Dec 20, 2021.
XGBoost is an open-source implementation of gradient boosting designed for speed and performance. However, even XGBoost training can sometimes be slow. This article will review the advantages and disadvantages of each approach as well as go over how to get started.
- The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist, by Matthew Mayo - Dec 17, 2021.
I've put some thought into this, and come up with the 5 characteristics of a what I believe define a successful data scientist. Do you agree?
- 10 Key AI & Data Analytics Trends for 2022 and Beyond, by David Pool - Dec 17, 2021.
What AI and data analytics trends are taking the industry by storm this year? This comprehensive review highlights upcoming directions in AI to carefully watch and consider implementing in your personal work or organization.
- Top 2021 Stories: We Don’t Need Data Scientists, We Need Data Engineers; A Guide On How To Become A Data Scientist (Step By Step Approach); How I Tripled My Income With Data Science in 18 Months, by Gregory Piatetsky - Dec 16, 2021.
Most viewed KDnuggets stories in 2021 focused on Data Scientists vs Data Engineers; How to become a Data Scientist; Increase income with Data Science; Stunning visualizations using python; and more.
- Top Resources for Learning Statistics for Data Science, by Springboard - Dec 16, 2021.
Let’s take a look at the current state of statistics in data science, and what you can do to accelerate your learning.
- Cloud ML In Perspective: Surprises of 2021, Projections for 2022, by George Vyshnya - Dec 16, 2021.
Let’s take a closer look on Cloud ML market in 2021 in retrospective (with occasional drills into realities of 2020, too). Read this in-depth analysis.
- How I 14Xed my salary in 14 years as a data analytics/science professional, by Leon Wei - Dec 16, 2021.
Learn how one data scientist increased their full-time job salary 14 times in 14 years of a career, with highlights on experiencing an IPO, RSUs, start-ups and working at FAANG companies.
- 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist, by Sharan Kumar Ravindran - Dec 15, 2021.
Based on 10 years of my experience (learn to build those skills).
- Write Clean Python Code Using Pipes, by Khuyen Tran - Dec 15, 2021.
A short and clean approach to processing iterables.
- Top November Stories: Why Machine Learning Engineers are Replacing Data Scientists; 19 Data Science Project Ideas for Beginners, by KDnuggets - Dec 14, 2021.
Also: Data Scientist Career Path from Novice to First Job; Design Patterns for Machine Learning Pipelines
- Software Mistakes and Tradeoffs: New book by Tomasz Lelek and StackOverflow guru Jon Skeet, by Manning - Dec 14, 2021.
Flexibility versus maintainability—every decision you make in software engineering involves balancing tradeoffs. Software Mistakes and Tradeoffs is available in early access from its publisher Manning. Pre-order now and start reading immediately as part of the Manning Early Access Program (MEAP).
- Data Science & Analytics Industry Main Developments in 2021 and Key Trends for 2022, by Matthew Mayo - Dec 14, 2021.
We have solicited insights from experts at industry-leading companies, asking: "What were the main AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Developments in 2021 and what key trends do you expect in 2022?" Read their opinions here.
- 12 Tips: From Data Analyst to Startup Co-Founder, by Roman Zykov - Dec 14, 2021.
Thinking about taking your data science expertise to a new level of creating a start-up company? These tips -- learned from experience -- can help you forge an early path toward success.
- Feature Selection: Where Science Meets Art, by Mahbubul Alam - Dec 14, 2021.
From heuristic to algorithmic feature selection techniques for data science projects.
- What Is AI Model Governance?, by Harish Doddi - Dec 13, 2021.
How exactly does AI model governance help tackle these issues? And how can you ensure you’re using it to best fit your needs? Read on.
- Top Stories, Dec 6-12: Building a solid data team, by KDnuggets - Dec 13, 2021.
Also: 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022; How to Get Certified as a Data Scientist; A $9B AI Failure, Examined; AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2021 and Key Trends for 2022
- Data Labeling for Machine Learning: Market Overview, Approaches, and Tools, by Frederik Bussler - Dec 13, 2021.
So much of data science and machine learning is founded on having clean and well-understood data sources that it is unsurprising that the data labeling market is growing faster than ever. Here, we highlight many of the top players in this industry and the techniques they use to help you consider which might make a good partner for your needs.
- My First Six Months as a Data Scientist, by Amanda Christine West - Dec 13, 2021.
The technical and non-technical lessons I’ve learned.
- Introduction to Clustering in Python with PyCaret, by Moez Al - Dec 13, 2021.
A step-by-step, beginner-friendly tutorial for unsupervised clustering tasks in Python using PyCaret.
- Stop Learning Data Science to Find Purpose and Find Purpose to Learn Data Science, by Brandon Cosley - Dec 10, 2021.
How I flipped the educational model to become a more effective data scientist.
- Main 2021 Developments and Key 2022 Trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Technology, by Gregory Piatetsky - Dec 10, 2021.
Our panel of leading experts reviews 2021 main developments and examines the key trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning Technology.
- Inside DeepMind’s New Efforts to Use Deep Learning to Advance Mathematics, by Jesus Rodriguez - Dec 10, 2021.
Using deep learning techniques can help mathematicians develop intuitions about the toughest problems in the field.
- Deep Neural Networks Don’t Lead Us Towards AGI, by Thuwarakesh Murallie - Dec 9, 2021.
Machine learning techniques continue to evolve with increased efficiency for recognition problems. But, they still lack the critical element of intelligence, so we remain a long way from attaining AGI.
- Analyzing Scientific Articles with fine-tuned SciBERT NER Model and Neo4j, by Khaled Adrani - Dec 9, 2021.
In this article, we will be analyzing a dataset of scientific abstracts using the Neo4j Graph database and a fine-tuned SciBERT model.
- Should You Become a Freelance Artificial Intelligence Engineer?, by UCSD - Dec 8, 2021.
Take the first step towards your machine learning engineering career and explore the UC San Diego Extension Machine Learning Engineering Bootcamp today. Those with prior software engineering or data science experience are encouraged to apply.
- AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2021 and Key Trends for 2022, by Matthew Mayo - Dec 8, 2021.
2021 has almost come and gone. We saw some standout advancements in AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research this past year, and the future, starting with 2022, looks bright. As per KDnuggets tradition, our collection of experts have contributed their insights on the matter. Read on to find out more.
- Building a solid data team, by Romain Huet - Dec 8, 2021.
How do you put together a solid data science team when it comes to developing data-driven products? A variety of roles are available to consider, so which ones do you need and which are most crucial?
- How Data Scientists Can Get the Ear of CFOs (And Why You Want It), by Devin Partida - Dec 8, 2021.
Hey, data scientists! Here’s how to bend your CFO’s ear, equip your company with high-quality analysis, and boost your value and career in the process.
- Advance your data science career to the next level, by SAS - Dec 7, 2021.
SAS offers a wide range of hands-on courses for data science professionals to help you get ahead – and stay ahead – in your data science career.
- Introduction to Binary Classification with PyCaret, by Moez Ali - Dec 7, 2021.
PyCaret is an alternate low-code library that can be used to replace hundreds of lines of code with few lines only. See how to use it for binary classification.
- A $9B AI Failure, Examined, by Gianluca Mauro - Dec 7, 2021.
What happened at Zillow? An important real-world lesson in... just because you have a cool AI tool, doesn't mean that alone becomes your business model.
- Using Datawig, an AWS Deep Learning Library for Missing Value Imputation, by Anurag Srivastava - Dec 7, 2021.
A lot of missing values in the dataset can affect the quality of prediction in the long run. Several methods can be used to fill the missing values and Datawig is one of the most efficient ones.
- 10 Simple Things to Try Before Neural Networks, by Ngwa Bandolo Bobga Cyril - Dec 6, 2021.
Below are 10 simple things you should remember to try first before throwing in the towel and jumping straight to neural networks.
- Top Stories, Nov 29 – Dec 5: Why Machine Learning Engineers are Replacing Data Scientists, by KDnuggets - Dec 6, 2021.
Also: How to Get Certified as a Data Scientist; 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022; Most Common SQL Mistakes on Data Science Interviews; 19 Data Science Project Ideas for Beginners
- What Does a Data Scientist Do?, by Nate Rosidi - Dec 6, 2021.
This guide provides you with the best possible, most direct, and clear answers to "What is data science?" and "What does a data scientist do?".
- A Beginner’s Guide to End to End Machine Learning, by Rebecca Vickery - Dec 6, 2021.
Learn to train, tune, deploy and monitor machine learning models.
- Meta-Learning for Keyphrase Extraction, by Jeff Evernham - Dec 3, 2021.
This article explores Meta-Learning for Key phrase Extraction, which delves into the how and why of KeyPhrase Extraction (KPE) - extracting phrases/groups of words from a document to best capture and represent its content. The article outline what needs to be done to build a keyphrase extractor that performs well not only on in-domain data, but also in a zero-shot scenario where keyphrases need to be extracted from data that have a different distribution (either a different domain or a different type of documents).
- How to Get Certified as a Data Scientist, by Abid Ali Awan - Dec 3, 2021.
If you are early in your journey to becoming a Data Scientist, an interesting option is to earn certification by DataCamp, and this guide offers tips that will help beginners complete the challenges.
- Using PyCaret’s New Time Series Module, by Moez Ali - Dec 3, 2021.
PyCaret’s new time series module is now available in beta. Staying true to the simplicity of PyCaret, it is consistent with the existing API and comes with a lot of functionalities.
- Enhance Your Data Mining Career, by UCSD - Dec 2, 2021.
UC San Diego Extension’s certificate in Data Mining is a five course, 15-unit program, that can be completed in as little as one year. Upon completion, you will be equipped with the necessary skills to make data-driven decisions in any industry. Find out more today.
- Avoid These Mistakes with Time Series Forecasting, by Roman Orac - Dec 2, 2021.
A few checks to make before training a Machine Learning model on data that could be random.
- 2021: A Year Full of Amazing AI papers — A Review, by Louis Bouchard - Dec 2, 2021.
A curated list of the latest breakthroughs in AI by release date with a clear video explanation, link to a more in-depth article, and code.
- How to Use Permutation Tests, by Michael Berk - Dec 2, 2021.
A walkthrough of permutation tests and how they can be applied to time series data.
- The Seven Best ELT Tools for Data Warehouses, by Mozart Data - Dec 1, 2021.
ELT helps to streamline the process of modern data warehousing and managing a business’ data. In this post, we’ll discuss some of the best ELT tools to help you clean and transfer important data to your data warehouse.
- 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022, by Terence Shin - Dec 1, 2021.
This curated list of data science projects offers real-life problems that will help you master skills to demonstration that you are technically sound and know how to conduct data science projects that add business value.
- Movie Recommendations with Spark Collaborative Filtering, by Rosaria Silipo - Dec 1, 2021.
Not sure what movie to watch? Ask your recommender system.