Top 18 Data Science Facebook Groups
Join the best data science groups on Facebook to share insights and experiences, ask for guidance, and build valuable connections.
Image by Author
I didn't use Facebook for almost seven years, and now the Facebook groups have evolved into proper communities where people learn and grow together. I think the platform has so much to offer in terms of helping beginners start a career in data science or an expert keeping track of new trends.
You will find top-quality educational and professional content as they are heavily moderated by admins. Apart from that, It is hard to become a full member. Some groups will let you in, but admins will restrict your access to posting the content until they feel you are a valuable community member.
Why join? If you have too many friends on Facebook and you get feeds from all of them. Most of the time, the content is not related to what you are looking for. You feel overwhelmed and end up wasting 20 minutes on constant scrolling. The Facebook groups are pretty much clean, even If you see the advertisement, it will be related to data science.
The list below contains the top 18 groups based on the number of members. Some of the groups are hard to get in. It can take up to a month before group administrators let you in. All the groups I have mentioned are highly moderated, so you won't see spam posts, self-promotions, advertisements, or off-topic discussions.
- Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning (502.7K Members)
- Data Science World (356.6K Members)
- Data Science (352.4K Members)
- Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, Deep learning (215.2K Members)
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (176.9K Members)
- Python Machine Learning & Deep Learning (148.8K Members)
- Beginning Data Science, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, R, Python (142.6K Members)
- Python Machine Learning (138.9K Members)
- Data Mining / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence (137.1K Members)
- Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining & Statistics (85K Members)
- Data science and python (83.7K Members)
- Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence (80.0K Members)
- Data Analyst (68.1K Members)
- DATA Science - Python, R, SQL, SAP, Viz, Tableau, BI, Excel, Analytic(65.4K Members)
- Artificial Intelligence | Machine Learning | Data Science | Deep Learning(53.8K Members)
- SQL, Data Analytics & Business Intelligence (42.9K Members)
- Data Science Tutorials (18k Members)
- Data Engineering And Data Science (3.8K Members)
If you are using Facebook groups for promoting your content, the group admin will ban you, and if you keep posting on other groups to promote the same content, Facebook will block you from posting. These restrictions make these groups the perfect place to learn new concepts on machine learning, deep learning, data analytics, big data, business intelligence, and SQL. The only thing you have to do is to join the ever-growing groups of data science professionals and enthusiasts.
Abid Ali Awan (@1abidaliawan) is a certified data scientist professional who loves building machine learning models. Currently, he is focusing on content creation and writing technical blogs on machine learning and data science technologies. Abid holds a Master's degree in Technology Management and a bachelor's degree in Telecommunication Engineering. His vision is to build an AI product using a graph neural network for students struggling with mental illness.