Academic / Research Positions
No entries in this category
- Data ScienceTech Institute (Paris or Nice, France): Visiting Professors - May 12, 2015.
Data ScienceTech Institute, a new program offering European MSc in Data Science, in partnership with SAS, NVIDIA, and KDnuggets.com, recruiting visiting professors for our programs in Paris and Nice Sophia-Antipolis.
- U. of Bristol: Heilbronn Research Fellowship: Data analysis for cybersecurity - Apr 27, 2015.
Three year Research Fellowships in the area of Internet data analysis for cybersecurity applications, starting (preferrably) Oct 2015 or Jan 2016.
- UW Tacoma, The Milgard School of Business: Director, Center for Information Based Management - Apr 7, 2015.
Teach courses focused on business analytics and demonstrate effective management and leadership capabilities and strong industry involvement. Non-tenure track full time position.
- ICS (Prague): AVAST Fellowship in machine learning and data science - Mar 9, 2015.
Contribute to a range of projects including machine learning applications in computer security and antivirus software using big data analysis of behavioral data.
- TU/e: Full Professor in Data Mining - Feb 26, 2015.
You have the opportunity to set up your own research group, complementary to 2 existing groups - one focusing on business process management and process mining, and another focusing on web engineering, data mining, and databases.
- Syracuse University: Interdisciplinary Faculty - Feb 20, 2015.
The school hosts 5 research centers, including a new created Center for Computational and Data Sciences, which advances scholarships on computational data analytics.
- UWS (U. of Western Sydney): Manager, eResearch - Feb 19, 2015.
Embed eResearch across the research lifecycle as an essential component of research; enhance, develop, promote and support the eResearch capabilities within UWS. Apply by Mar 4.
- Bournemouth University: Professor (Associate) in Data Science and Analytics, Data Science Institute - Feb 16, 2015.
The Faculty of Science and Technology seeks an exceptional candidate for a research intensive position at a Professor or Associate Professor level to further our growth and reputation in Data Science.
- SUTD: Postdoctoral Fellowship at MIT and SUTD - Feb 12, 2015.
The SUTD-MIT Postdoctoral Program offers unique research opportunities to highly talented individuals to engage in new or ongoing research programs at MIT and SUTD.
- University of the Pacific: Director, Analytics Program - Feb 5, 2015.
Responsible for overseeing the launch and operations of the M.S. in Analytics program (housed on Pacific's San Francisco campus).
- NUIGalway: Paid Internship – Crowdsourcing and Data Management - Jan 27, 2015.
Insight Centre at National University Ireland, Galway is seeking an intern student with a background in computer science.
- U. of Antwerp: Data Science Professor - Jan 27, 2015.
The Faculty of Sciences is seeking tenured academic staff in the area of data science/big data management in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science. Applications closing date March 22, 2015.
- DataScienceTech (France): Lecturer, Data Science - Jan 7, 2015.
Looking for academics with industry experience or professional practitioners with teaching experience for modules of 20 to 30 hours of teaching, or for shorter seminars, on a specific theme.
- University of Kansas (KU): Postdoc research position, Machine Learning and Data Mining - Jan 7, 2015.
Join our efforts to advance machine learning and data mining for better modeling of large amounts of data from scientific domains. Knowledge of biological or pharmaceutical data and HPC and cloud computing is a plus.
- WPI: Teaching Professor or Instructor, Data Science - Jan 5, 2015.
Full-time non-tenure track position for Fall 2015 to strengthen WPI fast-growing interdisciplinary Data Science program.
- CUNY: Distinguished Lecturer – Data Analytics and Information Systems - Jan 5, 2015.
Teach courses in Data analytics and serve as the academic director for CUNY SPS online BS in Information Systems and online MS in Data Analytics.
- U. Tartu: Professor of Data Management and Analytics - Dec 19, 2014.
U. of Tartu, the highest ranked university in the Baltic States, invites applications from outstanding academics for a full-time permanent position of Professor of Data Management and Analytics.
- TU Darmstadt or RK U. Heidelberg: PhD-level researchers in Machine Learning or related areas - Dec 14, 2014.
New Research Training Group "Adaptive Information Preparation from Heterogeneous Sources" at TU Darmstadt and RK University Heidelberg is filling 3-year positions for researchers in Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning, and related areas.
- Aalto: Assistant Professor (Tenure-Track) in Machine Learning - Dec 10, 2014.
Join a leading dept. whose focus includes machine learning, computational inference, data mining, big data analysis, and smart applications in the society and sciences.
- U. IOWA: Faculty, Business Analytics (Tenure Track) - Dec 3, 2014.
Open rank tenure track position in business analytics starting in Fall 2015, with focus on data science, data mining, text/web/social media analytics, and data visualization.
- American Public University System: Part-Time Faculty – Business Analytics - Nov 26, 2014.
Deliver online or face-to-face lessons to undergraduate and/or graduate students; Initiate, facilitate, interact and moderate online/face-to-face classroom discussions.
- DePaul: Assistant Professor in Data Science - Nov 25, 2014.
Join one of the fastest growing and most highly recognized data science programs in the country - our graduate program in Predictive Analytics was ranked first in 2014.
- SAS: Text Analytics Fellowship - Nov 22, 2014.
Open to PhD candidates in CS, related fields in US, this fellowship offers the opportunity to work closely with Text Analytics professionals to develop software. Apply by Jan 23.
- CMU: Teaching Faculty, Machine Learning - Nov 20, 2014.
Lead our efforts in teaching machine learning, both on-campus and online. As the world only academic Machine Learning Dept, we help define the standard curriculum for the field.
- Stanford: Postdoctoral Position in Data Mining of Human Activity - Nov 20, 2014.
Stanford University's newly-established Mobility Center has several openings for postdoctoral candidates interested in researching the intersection of human health and machine learning.
- EURECOM: Faculty Position in Data Mining and Machine Learning - Nov 20, 2014.
EURECOM, graduate school and a research center in communication systems, seeks qualified applicants interested in Big Data and Cloud computing for a tenured assistant professor position.
- U. Oklahoma: Faculty, Data Science and Analytics - Nov 20, 2014.
University of Oklahoma invites applicants for a tenure-track position in the field of data science and analytics. Applications will begin review on December 1st and will remain open until this position is filled.
- U. Strasbourg: Postdoc position in machine learning/data mining - Nov 19, 2014.
Postdoctoral position available to candidates interested in developing new methods for knowledge reuse in machine learning with the aim of improving understanding of models in different contexts. This position would last for one year, with the possibility for extension.
- UTexas: PhD Positions – help shape the future of research in data mining - Nov 16, 2014.
PhD student applicants sought to help shape the future of data mining and its applications at the School of Information at UT Austin. Applications due by December 15th.
- Heriot-Watt University: PhD studentships in Data Science Approaches to Subsurface Reservoirs Management - Nov 16, 2014.
PhD studentships in Data Science Approaches to Subsurface Reservoirs Management are available to candidates with strong computational skills and experience in applying machine learning. Applications due December 1st.
- Brain Work Research Centre (Helsinki): Sr. Research Scientist in computational data analysis - Nov 15, 2014.
Lead research on computational data analysis and to devise new computational methods and build expertise for the needs of the future work life.
- U. Luxembourg: Professor of Computer Science – Big Data - Nov 14, 2014.
Complement and strengthen the existing research expertise in the CS and Communication Research Unit, reinforce and expand the activities in the field of Big Data.
- Northeastern: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor – Computation, Systems and Architecture - Nov 13, 2014.
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Northeastern seeks exceptional candidates at all levels addressing problems in big data computing, heterogeneous systems architecture and power-efficient computing.
- BYU: PhD Studentship in Data Mining / Machine Learning - Nov 5, 2014.
PhD Studentship in the Data Mining Laboratory at BYU available to students interested in meta-learning, computational health science, social network analysis, and applications of data mining.
- UIUC: Postdoc, Radiation detection with big data analytics - Oct 28, 2014.
Postdoctoral RA tp help us start our work combining radiation detector data with big data analytics. The ideal candidate will have superior CS skills but does not need to be a nuclear engineer.
- U. Geneva: Postdoc position on Learning over distributed streaming data - Oct 19, 2014.
We are looking for an excellent postdoc to work on the development of new machine learning methods for distributed streaming data generated in the context of the Internet of Things.
- Stanford, Postdoc: Data-driven Prediction for Subsurface Flow - Oct 17, 2014.
Postdoc Data Scientist position at Stanford Dept of Energy Resources Engineering to develop data-driven prediction modeling for subsurface flow.
- U Geneva: PhD position on Learning over distributed streaming data - Oct 17, 2014.
Develop innovative machine learning methods for streaming data in the context of the Internet of Things in this PhD position. Position is funded for three years. Applications submitted by November 30th will be given priority.
- Stevens: Tenure-track Asst/Assoc Professor in Business Analytics/Data Science - Oct 17, 2014.
Of particular interest are applicants with backgrounds in data science, statistics, information visualization, machine learning, computer science and related fields. Expected start date Aug 2015.
- Virginia Tech: Faculty in AI/Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Data Analytics - Oct 16, 2014.
Virginia Tech seeks applicants for one tenure-track and two tenured faculty positions in three areas: artificial intelligence/machine learning, software engineering, and data analytics/cyber security.
- Arizona State University (ASU): Faculty Positions In Big Data Systems - Oct 14, 2014.
ASU Fulton Schools of Engineering have tenure track/tenured faculty positions; Areas of interest include: high performance and trusted systems for management, analytics, mining, and visualization of massive data sets.
- CSI-CUNY: Full Professor, Computer Science - Oct 10, 2014.
A unique opportunity to create and lead a core research group with a number of additional tenure-track positions available in the near future.
- WPI: Professors (Open Rank), Data Science - Oct 10, 2014.
Join the strong team of existing data science faculty working on interdisciplinary research related to big data on real-world grand challenge problems with societal impact.
- UBC: Data Science, Canada Research Chair Tier 1 - Oct 10, 2014.
U. of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, seeks candidates for a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Data Science, at a senior tenured associate professor or professor level. Apply by Jan 31, 2015.
- Virginia Tech: Data Analytics/Cyber Security Faculty Position - Oct 9, 2014.
Candidates with research depth and breadth in data analytics, data mining, "big data", data science, or cybersecurity, are encouraged to apply.
- U. Miami School of Business Administration: Tenure-Track Faculty in Management Science (Big Data Analytics) - Oct 8, 2014.
Applicants with research interests in all areas of Analytics will be considered, but preference given to those with expertise in Big Data Analytics and the computational challenges of dealing with large data sets.
- MSU: Computer Science and Engineering Faculty Positions - Oct 6, 2014.
CSE Dept at Michigan State University (MSU) invites applications for two tenure-system faculty positions in the area of machine learning and other related disciplines.
- Virginia Tech: Faculty, Computational Modeling and Data Analytics - Oct 1, 2014.
Looking for a Ph.D. in statistics or a related field, with research focus in data analytics, machine learning, data mining, or related methods, to support our new Computational Modeling and Data Analytics program.
- U. Chicago Center for Data Science and Public Policy: Data Science for Social Good Postdoc Fellowships - Sep 23, 2014.
Solve problems with high social impact in areas such as education, healthcare, energy, transportation, and public safety in partnership with non-profits and government organizations.
- Helsinki: Postdoc Positions in Algorithms, Machine Learning, Big Data - Sep 20, 2014.
Aalto U. and U. of Helsinki are looking for several researchers in Algorithms, Bioinformatics, Big Data Processing, Machine Learning, and related areas. Apply by Oct 12, 2014.
- Monash: Lecturer (Data Science) - Sep 13, 2014.
Come work on research/teaching in the world's most livable city (4 times running) with the strongest academic machine learning team in the Asia-Pacific region.
- HICT: 20 funded doctoral student positions - Sep 10, 2014.
HICT, a joint initiative by Aalto U. and U. of Helsinki has 20 fully funded positions for exceptional doctoral students in algorithms and machine learning, life science informatics, networked systems and other areas.
- PNNL: Post Doctorate RA – Data Sciences and Analytics - Aug 28, 2014.
Do research related to social network analysis, human language technologies, machine learning, infectious disease epidemiology, and data collection and analysis.
- Becker College: Founding Director of the Data Science Program - Aug 26, 2014.
Responsibilities include: thought leadership, program development, network development, industry engagement, research, effective classroom teaching, student advising, college service, and professional scholarship.
- UW: Research Scientist Positions - Aug 1, 2014.
Do research and hone your engineering skills in an interdisciplinary environment on projects related to mining biological data, health care analytics, mobile networks, or healthcare big data.
- PNNL: Post Doctorate RA – Data Sciences and Analytics - Jul 24, 2014.
Perform research related to social network analysis, human language technologies, machine learning, infectious disease epidemiology, and data collection and analysis.
- Allen Institute: Asst. Investigator – Computational Neuroscience/Machine Learning - Jul 24, 2014.
Our mission is to accelerate the understanding of how the human brain works. Using a big science approach, we generate public resources, drive technological advances, and discover fundamental brain properties.
- U. Antwerpen: PhD Position, Data mining for tax fraud detection - Jul 18, 2014.
Develop new fraud detection techniques for historical data to help combat tax fraud in this PhD position at U. Antwerpen. Apply by August 10th, 2014.
- UNIGE: PhD position on Machine Learning for representation learning - Jun 23, 2014.
Develop new machine learning methods for representation learning. Position is funded for three years. Applications submitted by June 30 will be given priority.
- DePaul School of Computing: Lecturer in Data Science - Jun 17, 2014.
Ideal candidates will have expertise and teaching experience in data science with an emphasis in computational statistics, data mining, data visualization, pattern recognition or machine learning.
- Uni. Paderborn: Paid PhD position, Machine Learning / Predictive Analytics / Data Mining - May 27, 2014.
Support research projects in machine learning and data mining, help students in Kaggle competitions, help teach. Position is offered for 2 years with possible extension. This position is now closed.
- TU-Darmstadt: Postdocs in Statistical NLP, IR, Machine Learning - May 24, 2014.
Researcher with a background in statistical NLP, machine learning, or IR for a postdoc position working to combine large-scale knowledge bases with semantic information from large amounts of text.
- NDSU: Informatics Postdocs - Apr 26, 2014.
Join a dynamic team performing groundbreaking research in the area of combinatorial cheminformatics, and propose independent strategic research themes in energy-related computational chemistry.
- Idiap/EPFL: PhD and Internship Positions in Social Computing - Apr 24, 2014.
The Social Computing Research Group at Idiap/EPFL has 3 PhD positions and several internship positions to help research in social media, ubiquitous computing, and computational social science.
- ICS (Prague): AVAST Fellowships in machine learning and data science - Apr 3, 2014.
The fellows will work with internationally recognized scientists at ICS and participate in cutting edge technology projects, in cooperation with AVAST, a leading anti-virus maker. Apply by May 1.
- Monash University: Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Applied Machine Learning - Mar 25, 2014.
We seek an outstanding machine learning researcher with experience applying machine learning to solve real-world problems.
- U. Helsinki and Aalto U.: Postdoctoral and Research Fellows in CS and IT - Mar 22, 2014.
Aalto and Helsinki, two leading universities in Finland, are looking for researchers in several areas, including advanced search methods, Big data processing, and crowdsensing applications. Apply by Apr 6.
- U. of Melbourne: Postdoc in Data Mining - Mar 17, 2014.
The position requires a PhD, with research experience in data mining and high quality publications. Expertise in graph mining and time series mining is also desirable.
- Syracuse U.: Data Science and HCI Faculty Positions - Mar 14, 2014.
Join renowned iSchool faculty and deepen and extend our strengths in data science and human-computer interaction (HCI), including visualization of and analytic approaches to large and heterogeneous data sets.
- U. Bristol: Heilbronn Research Fellowships - Mar 7, 2014.
Work on both your own research and Heilbronn research program, with a focus on applications in data analysis for cybersecurity. Apply by March 28.
- INRIA: PhD position, Learning with non-stationary data - Feb 19, 2014.
Learning with non-stationary data - application to collaborative filtering and link prediction between name entities in knowledge bases like freebase.
- Uni-Weimar: Research positions in Big data analytics, IR, machine learning - Feb 15, 2014.
The Web Technology and Information Systems Group has several positions for PhDs and Postdocs to help research in Big data analytics, information mining and retrieval, machine learning, natural language processing, and information extraction.
- AT&T Labs – Research: Statistician/Data Scientist - Feb 12, 2014.
Strong data scientists with a passion for digging into data and extracting knowledge through analysis and visualization, to work on problems that cut across network management, customer analytics, operations research, and other aspects of our business.
- NTU (Singapore): Faculty in Statistics, Mathematical Sciences, Optimization - Feb 11, 2014.
We are looking for excellent researchers with expertise in Statistics, Computational Mathematics, Optimization, and related areas. Mathematicians with outstanding track records in any field of pure and applied mathematics are strongly encouraged to apply.
- NotreDame: Postdocs, Data Science - Feb 10, 2014.
Interested in Data Science for the Common Good and enjoy asking big questions and developing data science algorithms? The Interdisciplinary Center for Network Science and Applications (iCeNSA) at the U. of Notre Dame has two openings for postdoctoral fellows in data science.
- NYU Center for Data Science: Moore-Sloan Data Science Fellows - Jan 30, 2014.
Fellows are expected to lead independent, original research programs with impact in natural or social science and in one or more domains (computer science, statistics, and applied mathematics). Apply by Feb 6.
- U. Virginia: MS / PhD positions in Machine Learning, Data Science - Jan 28, 2014.
MS and PhD positions for people with a strong background and interest in machine learning, modeling, and data science.
- USherbrooke: Post-doctoral researcher in informatics of aging - Jan 28, 2014.
The Aging Research Center, a multi-disciplinary center with many large, unique data sets, seeking a postdoc who can facilitate collaborations among researchers with diverse interests.
- Thunderbird School of Global Management: Tenure Track Asst/Assoc Professor of Business Analytics - Jan 19, 2014.
Teach courses in business analytics and the strategic use of information technology, with application to diverse business fields such as customer analytics, business intelligence, and talent management.
- ICS (Prague): AVAST Fellowships in machine learning and data science - Jan 18, 2014.
The fellows will have an excellent opportunity to cooperate with internationally recognized scientists at ICS and participate in cutting edge technology projects in the interest of AVAST, maker of the most trusted antivirus in the world.
- University of Helsinki / Aalto: 15 doctoral student positions - Jan 11, 2014.
Join world-class research team at Aalto U & U. of Helsinki, in Algorithms and machine learning, Creative technologies, Life science informatics, networked systems or related areas. Apply by Feb 14.
- KU Leuven: Postdoc positions in Natural Language Processing - Dec 28, 2013.
KU Leuven has a postdoc fellowship: Knowledge Acquisition for Automated Natural Language Understanding position, and PhD position: Intelligent Aids for Multilingual Information Processing.
- Cal Poly: Marketing Faculty, Tenure-track - Dec 16, 2013.
Focus on teaching (mainly undergraduate, some MBA and certificate programs), provide students with a strong foundation in marketing concepts and introduce them to cutting edge marketing tools.
- UIowa: Assistant Professor, Business Analytics - Dec 6, 2013.
Candidates should have a Ph.D. in Information Systems, Informatics, Information Science, Computer Science, Management Science or a related field and exhibit exceptional research and teaching promise.
- NCSR Demokritos: Research Assistant, Jr. Researcher in Complex Event Processing - Nov 21, 2013.
The Software and Knowledge Engineering Laboratory at NCSR Demokritos is looking for a research assistant and a junior researcher in the Complex Event Recognition group.
- Antwerp: PhD position on Big Data Mining for Customer Analytics - Nov 15, 2013.
Development of new predictive data mining techniques tailored to big data; and application to a variety of marketing analytics and risk management domains, with a focus on scalability and privacy.
- WPI: Professor (Open Rank) in Data Science/Big Data - Nov 15, 2013.
WPI invites applications for a tenure track (open rank) Professor position in Computer Science or Mathematics with a research focus in Data Science to begin in the Fall of 2014.
- TU Eindhoven: Multiple PhD vacancies on Process Mining - Nov 9, 2013.
Several PhD vacancies for people with a strong background in data mining, machine learning, process analytics, predictive analytics, or Big Data.
- Bristol: Postdoc in machine learning/data mining - Nov 7, 2013.
Looking for highly experienced postdocs to work on the SPHERE (a Sensor Platform for Healthcare in a Residential Environment) project - great opportunity to make your mark in machine learning and data mining for health applications. Apply by Dec 2.
- Project Sage: 4 Postdoc Positions In CS and Population Genetics - Nov 5, 2013.
Four outstanding postdoctoral candidates are required to support the 2M euro EU-funded project "Speed of Adaptation in Population Genetics and Evolutionary Computation" (SAGE).
- NYU: Adjunct Faculty, develop and teach courses Data Mining, Data Science, Business Analytics - Oct 31, 2013.
Seeking industry practitioners to develop and teach courses in the areas of Data Mining, Data Science or Business Analytics. We are interested in faculty with advanced degrees and experience teaching courses on-site, on-line or in a blended format.
- Lehigh: Assistant/Associate Professor, Tenure-Track, Data Mining or Cybersecurity - Oct 18, 2013.
Outstanding candidates in all areas of computer science will be considered, with priority given to candidates with a research focus in either Data Mining or Cybersecurity, both defined broadly.
- U. Helsinki: Assistant Professor (tenure track) in CS (Data Management) - Oct 17, 2013.
The U. of Helsinki, a top ten European university, seeks faculty in data management including distributed DB, management of big data systems, data models and data description languages. Apply by Oct 31.
- U. Miami: Open Rank Faculty of Business Practice - Oct 4, 2013.
We are particularly interested in individuals who have extensive experiences in business and marketing analytics, data visualization, data mining and machine learning.
- U. Texas Austin: Faculty, Data Analytics - Oct 3, 2013.
The School of Information at U. of Texas at Austin looks for full-time, tenure-track junior and senior faculty, especially in the areas of data analytics, human-computer interaction, and archival studies.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Bioinformatics/Biostatistics - Sep 27, 2013.
Develop a diagnostic model utilizing genomic (SNP), clinical and dosimetric parameters that identifies patients at risk for toxicity from radiation therapy for their prostate cancer.
- PhD Student, Mixing Meta-Modeling and Data-Mining - Sep 27, 2013.
Ph. D. Research on mixing meta-modeling and data-mining for explicit modeling of user traces, digital footprints and online reputation. Funding is available for 36 months.
- Tier 2 Canada Research Chairs in Big Data Analytics - Sep 27, 2013.
Applications invited for 2 Canada Research Chairs in Big Data Analytics: one focused on the technical aspects of Big Data, and one focused on applications and implications of Big Data in industry, government, health care, and education. Apply by July 31.
- PhD position in machine learning - Sep 27, 2013.
The project develops novel Bayesian machine learning tools for integrated analysis and understanding of complex and fragmented data sources, to extract useful information seen only by combining the sources.
- 2 Postdoc Researchers - Sep 27, 2013.
Join our efforts to advance machine learning and data mining for better modeling of large amounts of data from scientific domains
- Postdoc researcher, Applied Data Mining - Sep 27, 2013.
Work on “New opportunities in online advertising for publishers” project nd, conducted with several partners including a large Belgian publisher, and help develop and apply new predictive modeling techniques for such big data.
- Wharton: Operations and Information Management Faculty - Sep 26, 2013.
Seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at any level, with focus on in decision-making, information technology, information-based strategy, operations management, and operations research.
- UCR: Postdoc in machine learning/data mining/personalization - Sep 24, 2013.
In collaboration with Dr. Michael Pazzani, the postdoc will be conducting research on recommendation systems & personalization in the mobile context and/or data mining of spatial temporal, textual, or multi-media data.
- Clemson: Postdoc in medical text analysis, recommendation systems, data mining - Sep 17, 2013.
Projects will focus on the analysis of medical texts, data mining, knowledge discovery, and recommendation systems. Strong implementation skills are required.
- Faculty positions in Analytics - Sep 17, 2013.
Looking for candidates with PhD degrees in (Applied) Math, Engineering, CS, Econometrics, OR, and related fields, with expertise in Data mining of huge data sets, Statistics, Traffic management, routing and scheduling.
- UBalt: Faculty Data Analytics/Predictive Analysis in Public Affairs - Sep 14, 2013.
The successful candidate must be well versed in the Certified Analytics Professional domains of practice - business issue identification; analytics problem framing; data, methodology, and model building; implementation; and, model life cycle management - and be able to teach these practices effectively.
- VCU: Faculty (Open Rank), Biomedical Informatics, Big Data Mining - Sep 14, 2013.
VCU is looking for tenure-track positions at all levels, with a special interest in candidates with research focus on biomedical informatics and big data mining who are open to conducting interdisciplinary research.
- Postdocs in CS, IR, Machine Learning, Data Analysis - Sep 12, 2013.
Many postdoc positions at Aalto U. and U. of Helsinki in Algorithms, Bioinformatics, Human-Computer Interaction, Information retrieval, Logic, Machine Learning, Networks, and Statistical Data Analysis. Apply by Sep 30.
- CMR: Junior Data Scientist - Sep 9, 2013.
Hiring graduate students for 1-year Junior Data Scientist positions, for developing new concepts and tools in 1) On line Social Networks, 2) Internet of Things/Services, or 3) Big and open data analytics.
- Research Assistant, Analytics - Aug 30, 2013.
Participate in the research of applications and algorithms for machine learning / data mining, on topics like predictive maintenance or recommender systems.
- Director of the Center for Data Science - Aug 29, 2013.
Lead the newly created Center for Data Science, oversee and coordinate all LCC research efforts and initiatives supporting institutional effectiveness and planning.
- Scientists and Postdocs - Aug 27, 2013.
Seeking talented scientists and software engineers at all levels to join our team and conduct world-class data mining and machine learning research focused on tackling large-scale computing challenges.
- Two Graduate Research Assistant Positions - Aug 22, 2013.
Positions are in the field of Knowledge Discovery, with a focus in the application areas of Healthcare Informatics and Graph-Based Anomaly Detection.
- Assistant Professor of Business Analytics - Aug 16, 2013.
A primary research interest in developing analytic tools relevant to business is expected. Publication in top journals desired, and an interest in collaboration and experience with finding solutions to business problems.
- Tenure-track Asst. Professor, Stat-Computational-TT - Aug 15, 2013.
Teach undergraduate/MS courses in Statistics/ Computational Statistics/Analytics/Probability Theory and Modeling/Biostatistics (if applicable), sustain related research program
- ND-GAIN: Data Scientist - Jun 29, 2013.
Use data science and analytics to help ND-GAIN enhance the world understanding of the urgency to adapt to climate change and other global forces.
- Postdoc position in data-mining / chemoinformatics - Jun 16, 2013.
A 12-month post-doctoral position is open for studying computational methods for chemoinformatics, as part of our larger activity on designing efficient SAR methodologies.
- PhD position on Machine Learning for Gait Analysis - Jun 12, 2013.
Looking for an excellent PhD candidate to work on the development of new machine learning methods for the modelling of pathological gait to better understand gait deviations and contribute to improve treatment strategies. Apply by July 10.
- TU-Darmstadt-DIPF: Doctoral scholarship in machine learning - Jun 4, 2013.
A 3-year doctoral scholarship in machine learning within the newly established PhD program "Knowledge Discovery in Scientific Publications" on Personalised Content Acquisition from Heterogeneous Sources. Apply by June 30.
- PhD working on Process Mining in SAP - May 24, 2013.
Working on a new and challenging process mining project in collaboration with SAP,l on detailed analysis of data in enterprise systems, evaluation of existing techniques in such settings, and the enhancement of process mining techniques. Apply by June 25.
- Postdocs, Machine Learning - May 22, 2013.
Work on SPHERE (Sensor Platform for HEalthcare in a Residential Environment), a unique and highly-interdisciplinary collaboration in home healthcare technology. Apply by June 16
- Postdoctoral position - May 5, 2013.
Two year position focusing on information extraction from text. The candidate should have several publications in major conferences or journals in thecomputational linguistics, machine learning and/or AI.
- Faculty in Machine Learning, Data Mining - May 3, 2013.
Monash, a leading international university, has four Tenurable Faculty positions open. We are seeking outstanding researchers in machine learning and data mining amongst other areas. Apply by June 13, 2013.
- Faculty positions in Analytics - Apr 25, 2013.
Looking for candidates with PhD in (Applied) Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Operations Research, and related fields with expertise in Data mining of huge data sets, Statistics, and traffic management.
- Research Fellow/Postdoc - Mar 22, 2013.
Two-year post-doc position at the ANU, join the project "Privacy-preserving record linkage on multiple large databases", led by Peter Christen (ANU) and Vassilios Verykios (Hellenic Open U., Greece).
- Assistant Professor - Mar 22, 2013.
Searching for a highly motivated computer scientist/engineer with a strong research record in "Cyber Enabled Discovery" with a focus on Big Data, Cloud Computing, and/or Visualization to complement established research programs.
- PhD position in data mining - Mar 19, 2013.
Looking for candidates to a PhD position in data mining at the Dept. of Computer and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University. Ref. No. SU FV-0872-13. Apply by April 30.
- MS and PhD Studentships in Data Mining / Machine Learning - Mar 17, 2013.
Data Mining Lab research areas include meta-learning and data mining process automation, social network analysis, and social capital in online communities. Financial support will be provided
- Data Science for Social Good Summer Fellowship - Mar 12, 2013.
The goal of this program is to train future leaders in data science to work on data-intensive social problems including education, healthcare, energy, transportation, and crime prevention. The fellowship advisory team is led by Eric Schmidt (Google) and Rayid Ghani (Former Chief Scientist, Obama 2012). Apply by Apr 1.
- PhD Candidate in Customer Analytics for Internet Marketing - Mar 6, 2013.
PhD research in the field of customer intelligence, customer analytics, web mining, database marketing for Internet Marketing, in collaboration with the largest e-tailer in France.