Education in Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in USA/Canada – Degree Programs
This page lists degree programs in USA/Canada that give BA, MS, or Ph.D. in Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning or related topics. See also Online education, Bootcamps, Certificates, and degree programs in other parts of the world on Education homepage.
US: Northeast | US: South | US: Midwest | US: West | Canada | More resources
- Central Connecticut State University (CCSU), exploring cutting-edge data mining techniques and Applications. New Britain, CT.
- U. Conn. MS in Business Analytics and Project Management, designed to meet the growing demand for professionals who can harness advanced business analytics and project management skills. Hartford, CT.
- American University MS Data Science, Washington, DC.
- Bay Atlantic U. MS in Big Data Analytics. Washington, DC.
- Catholic U. of America MS in Business Analysis for Non-Business Majors, Washington, DC.
- Georgetown U. Master in Data Science for Public Policy Program, combining public policy analysis with the cutting-edge computational, mathematical, statistical methods. Washington, DC.
- GWU MS in Business Analytics, an intensive 10-month format designed for the full-time student or a part-time, two-year format designed for the working professional. Washington, DC.
- Georgetown University MS in Analytics, concentration in Data Sciences, Washington, DC.
- U. of Potomac Diploma in Data Science, Washington, DC.
- U. of Potomac MS in Data Analytics, Washington, DC.
- U. of Maryland MS in Business for Marketing Analytics, will help you learn how to harness and process massive amounts of data to help design products, predict the effects of marketing campaigns, and better understand your customers. College Park, MD.
- Bentley Master of Science in Marketing Analytics, teaches students how to become more engaged with consumers, how to design and deliver robust statistical analysis, and how to effectively communicate the resulting insights. Waltham, MA.
- Brandeis MS in Strategic Analytics, online, part-time and flexible. Waltham, MA.
- Clark University MS in Business Analytics, Worcester, MA.
- Harvard Masters of Science in Computational Science and Engineering, including a major focus on machine learning and analyzing and visualizing very large data sets. Cambridge, MA.
- UMass Amherst Center for Data Science, includes BA and Graduate programs related to Data Science. Amherst, MA.
- WPI program in Data Science, Worcester, MA.
- UNH MS in Analytics, a one-year residential, applied, interactive program where students work in teams, learning skills and then applying those skills to industry supplied data and problems.
- Ramapo College's MS in Data Science program teaches students the in-demand skills in programming, statistics, ML, and data visualization via hands-on, project based coursework. Complete your degree in a hybrid format in under 2 years. Mahwah, NJ.
- Rutgers Master of Business and Science (MBS) in Analytics, prepares students for data-driven decision making; brings together fields of data management, statistics, machine learning and computation. New Brunswick, NJ.
- Saint Peter's University: MS in Data Science with a concentration in Business Analytics, Jersey City, NJ.
- Stevens Institute of Technology Master of Science - Business Intelligence & Analytics, Hoboken, NJ.
- Thomas Edison State University MS in Data Science and Analytics, Trenton, NJ.
- Thomas Edison State University BS in Data Science and Analytics, Trenton, NJ.
- Columbia MS in Computer Science, concentration in Machine Learning, New York, NY.
- Columbia MS in Information and Knowledge Strategy, New York, NY.
- Cornell Master of Engineering, Data Analytics Concentration, on-campus, Ithaca, NY.
- CUNY SPS Online MS in Data Analytics: an affordable, accessible program designed to make sense of real-world phenomena and everyday activities by mining big data to uncover patterns, relationships, and trends.
- Fordham U. MS in Data Analytics will prepare you for a career in this fast-growing field by giving you the tools to find the story behind vast amounts of data. New York, NY.
- METIS Data Science Bootcamp, 12-weeks course, in partnership with Datascope Analytics. New York, NY, USA.
- NYU Master of Science in Business Analytics, New York, NY.
- NYU MBA with specialization in Business Analytics, New York, NY.
- NYU Center for Data Science, 2-year MS program.
- Pace U. MS in Customer Intelligence Analytics, New York, NY and Westchester, NY.
- RPI MS in Business Analytics, provides hands-on experience through real-world problem solving, with a capstone course. Troy, NY.
- St. Johns University M.S. Data Science, Queens, NY.
- Syracuse U. Certificate in Data Science, Syracuse, NY.
- University of Rochester Institute for Data Science, offers BS in Data Science, Professional MS in Computer Science, MA/MS in Medical Statistics and also related PhD programs. Rochester, NY.
- Yeshiva University MS in Data Analytics and Visualization 30-credit program provides comprehensive training in analysis, techniques, and tools to build predictive and descriptive models. Online or on-campus, New York City, NY.
- CMU Secondary MS in Machine Learning, designed to train students to become tomorrow's leaders in the rapidly growing area of data mining.
- CMU MISM Business Intelligence & Data Analytics (BIDA), developing an elite set of graduates cross-trained in business process analysis and skilled in predictive modeling, GIS mapping, analytical reporting, segmentation analysis, and data visualization.
- Drexel U. MS in Business Analytics, explores quantitative methods, uncovering relationships through data analysis, and the use of data to solve business problems. Philadelphia, PA.
- KPMG Master of Accounting with Data and Analytics Program, in association with Villanova and Ohio State.
- Saint Joseph's University MS in Business Intelligence, for business professionals. Philadelphia, PA.
- Jacksonville U. MS in Applied Business Analytics, Jacksonville, FL.
- U. of Central Florida (UCF) MS in Data Analytics, Orlando, FL.
- U. of Central Florida (UCF) PhD program in Big Data Analytics. Orlando, FL.
- Northern Kentucky U. Bachelor of Science in Data Science, Highland Heights, KY.
- U. of Louisville Graduate Certificate in Data Mining, address the need for trained professionals in the interdisciplinary field of data mining. Louisville, KY.
- U. of Oklahoma MS in Engineering with an Emphasis in Data Science and Analytics, Norman, OK.
- Oklahoma State University (OSU) MS in Business Analytics, with 3 SAS certificate options, on-campus (full-time students) and online (part-time working professionals). Stillwater, OK.
- Texas A&M U. part-time MS in Analytics, focus on predictive modeling with some business training, open to working professionals with strong quantitative skills. On-campus and via live video stream. Houston, TX.
- U. Texas Austin MS in Business Analytics, combines methods from Operations research, Statistics, Information systems, Machine learning and computer science. Austin, TX.
- UNT: U. of North Texas College of Business Information Technologies and Decision Sciences center, offering MBA in Decision Sciences, and MS, Information Technology & Decision Sciences. Denton, TX.
- George Mason U. BS in Computational and Data Sciences, Fairfax, VA.
- George Mason U. MS Data Analytics Engineering, learn how to extract information from the flood of big data. Fairfax, VA.
- Virginia Commonwealth University MS in Business, Decision Analytics, provides students with knowledge of quantitative skills and experience in analyzing problems arising in a business environment. On-campus weeknight class meetings in Richmond, VA.
- University of Virginia MS in Data Science, an 11-month professional masters program, designed to meet the increasingly data-intensive needs of industry and government. Charlottesville, VA.
Other states: LA, SC, NC, TN:
- College of Charleston Undergraduate Data Science program, a combination of statistics, mathematics, data base programming and machine learning. Charleston, SC.
- LSU Master of Science in Analytics, emphasizes the use of advanced data management tools and applied statistical and operations research techniques to analyze large real-world data sets to increase return on investment, improve customer retention, reduce fraud and improve decision making. Baton Rouge, LA.
- NCSU Master of Science in Analytics, designed to give students a thorough understanding of the tools, methods, applications and practice of advanced analytics. Raleigh, NC.
- U. of Tennessee Master in Business Analytics, develop an understanding of business and the needed business skills, along with the analytic skills to solve business problems. Knoxville, TN.
- DePaul MS in Predictive Analytics, training in skills required for a career in predictive analytics, including the ability to analyze big data, build models, fundamentals of marketing and CRM, and effective communication skills. Chicago, IL.
- Elmhurst part-time MS in Data Science, online. Elmhurst College is in Chicago, IL.
- IIT Stuart School of Business MS in Marketing Analytics and Communication, prepares you to be a forward-thinking marketer, who can convert data into insights, transform information into communication, and translate marketing analytics into competitive advantage. Chicago, IL.
- Illinois Institute of Technology Master of Data Science, interdisciplinary program preparing well-rounded data scientists, with curriculum combining theory and practical skill, including problem formulation, data analytics, qualitative reasoning, business communication, and professional ethics. Chicago, IL.
- Northwestern U. Master of Science in Analytics, integrates data science, IT, and business applications into three areas of data analysis: predictive (forecasting), descriptive (BI/data mining) and prescriptive (optimization and simulation). Evanston, IL.
- Northwestern U. MS in Predictive Analytics, online program at School of Continuing Studies, Builds expertise in advanced analytics, data mining, database management, financial analysis, predictive modeling, quantitative reasoning and web analytics, as well as advanced communication and leadership.
- UIC Liautaud MS in Business Analytics, 32-credit-hour program, integrates data mining, statistics, machine learning, data management and BI with business applications and understanding of analytics strategy and practice in organizations. Chicago, IL.
- UIUC (U. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) Data Sciences Summer Institute, Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- UIUC MS in Statistics, Analytics Concentration, combines the mathematical and statistical training of the traditional MS in Statistics with enhanced computational and data analytic training for those planning careers in information intensive industries or research. Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- University of Chicago MS in Analytics, is offered both as a full and part-time program in downtown Chicago, giving students thorough knowledge of techniques in the field of analytics and the ability to apply them to real-world scenarios in the business world. Chicago, IL.
- Indiana U. Kelley school of Business Business Analytics major, Bloomington, IN.
- Indiana University MS in Data Science, Online, Residential, or Hybrid Option and an Accredited Data Science Certificate program. Bloomington, IN.
- Notre Dame Professional MS in Predictive Analytics, trains students in the statistical and computational tools used in today's Big Data business environment. Notre Dame, IN.
- Purdue MBA, Business Analytics, Lafayette, IN.
- Saint Mary's College MS in Data Science, Notre Dame, IN.
- Loras College Executive MBA in Business Analytics, offered in a hybrid online/oncampus format with a bundled tuition package for those professionals looking to increase their knowledge and value in analytics. Dubuque, IA.
- Loras College BA in Business Analytics is an interdisciplinary program focused on business, and includes exploring the role of ethics and social value associated with big data collection and usage. Dubuque, IA.
- U. of Iowa, Tippie College of Business - BA in Business Analytics and Information Systems, combining foundational knowledge in business analytics and information systems with extensive practical experience. Iowa City, IA.
- U. of Iowa, Tippie College of Business - Part-time MS of Business Analytics, a 10-course evening MS program that prepares working professionals with in-depth expertise in business analytics. Offered at Cedar Rapids, IA; Davenport, IA; Des Moines, IA.
- U. of Iowa, Tippie College of Business - Full-time MS of Business Analytics. Sixteen month intensive full-time program in business analytics. Offered on the Iowa City, IA campus.
- U. of Iowa, Tippie College of Business - PhD in Management Sciences. Doctoral program for those interested in pursuing research in business analytics and related areas to prepare for careers in academia or industry. Iowa City, IA.
- Michigan State University (MSU) MS in Business Analytics at the Broad College of Business, East Lansing, MI.
- U. of Michigan Dearborn MS in Business Analytics, designed for students who want to solve important business problems through the analysis of data and statistics. Dearborn, MI.
Winona State U. BA in Data Science, Winona, MN.
- U. of Minnesota Carlson School of Management, MS in Business Analytics prepares talented professionals to harvest, process, and analyze data to extract important insights and taught by world-class faculty. Minneapolis, MN.
- University of Minnesota MS in Data Science. Minneapolis, MN.
- Rockhurst U. MS in Business Intelligence and Analytics, Kansas City, MO.
- Denison University, BA in Data Analytics is an interdisciplinary major that combines CS and Statistics with project-oriented classes, an applied domain, a practicum, and an internship. Writing, communication, and ethical handling of data are emphasized throughout. Granville, OH.
- KPMG Master of Accounting with Data and Analytics Program, in association with Villanova and Ohio State.
- OSU BS in Data Analytics (undergraduate major), Columbus, OH. The program combines courses from Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science and students can elect to specialize in one of three tracks - Business Analytics, Health Analytics or Computational Analytics.
- U. of Cincinnati MS in Business Analytics, combining operations research and applied statistics, using applied mathematics and computer applications, in a business environment. Cincinnati, OH.
- Xavier University MS in Customer Analytics, enable students to manage and analyze large databases, make informed and ethical decisions. Cincinnati, OH.
- MS in Business Analytics in the Wisconsin School of Business at the U. of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI.
- ASU MS in Business Analytics, at W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State U., Tempe, AZ.
- Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Data Analytics at Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ.
- Berkeley MS in Engineering, includes concentration in Data Science and Systems. Berkeley, CA.
- Cal Poly (California Polytechnic State U.) MS in Business Analytics, a comprehensive, 10-month interdisciplinary business degree program that offers a holistic approach to data analytics. San Luis Obispo, CA.
- Chapman University MS in Computational and Data Sciences, Orange, CA.
- Chapman University Doctorate in Computational and Data Sciences, Orange, CA.
- GalvanizeU, in collaboration with U. of New Haven, offering Master of Engineering in Big Data. Classes held in San Francisco, CA.
- San Jose State University (SJSU) MS in Data Analytics is a full-fledged, industry-aligned graduate degree program catering to students and working professionals.
- Stanford Center for Professional Education, offers Data Mining and Applications certificate program for managers and professionals. Stanford, CA.
- Stanford MS In Computer Science, Specialization in Information Management and Analytics, covers the principles of modern database and information management systems and methods for mining massive data sets.
- UC Davis Master of Science in Business Analytics, an intensive 10-month collaborative scrum for aspiring leaders in the digital economy. San Francisco, CA.
- UC Riverside MS in Engineering in Data Science, Riverside, CA.
- UCSD Master of Advanced Study in Data Science and Engineering, San Diego, CA.
- UCSD MS in Business Analytics (MSBA) at the Rady School of Management is an intensive program that will provide you with the skills to succeed in data-rich business environments.
- University of the Pacific MS in Analytics, 12 months, in-class and online. San Francisco, CA.
- University of Southern California Master of Science in Computer Science with a specialization in Data Science, provides students with a core background in Computer Science and specialized algorithmic, statistical, and systems expertise. Los Angeles, CA.
- USF BS in Data Science. The most successful students in this program will have the option to enroll in a 4+1 program with USF's own Masters in Analytics. San Francisco, CA.
- USF MS in Data Science, provides students with the skills necessary to develop techniques and processes for data-driven decision-making. San Francisco, CA.
- American Sentinel U. Master of Health Care Informatics Program, Aurora, CO.
- Colorado State University Global - Harness the power of data to propel your career forward, and earn a degree or certificate in these analytics-based programs: BS - Management Information Systems and Business Analytics, Undergrad Certificate - Data Management and Analysis, MS - Data Analytics, and Graduate Certificate - Business Analytics.
- U. of Denver MS in Business Intelligence at Daniel's School of Business, Denver, CO.
- U. of Washington Certificate in Data Science, Seattle, WA and online.
- UW MS in Business Analytics. Data analytics meets business strategy in this 12-month evening and weekend program from the top-ranked UW Foster School of Business. Seattle, WA.
- UW Masters in Data Science, new evening program for working professionals, taught by faculty from six top-ranked UW departments and the eScience Institute. Seattle, WA.
- UW Tacoma MS in Business Analytics is a multi-disciplinary program, combining on-campus classes on select Saturdays, and asynchronous online learning, teaching students how to gather, model, and analyze data, and building smart, data-drive solutions. Tacoma, WA.
Other Western States: AZ
- ASU MS in Business Analytics, Tempe, AZ.
- Montreal Institute for Learning Algorithms, offering PhD and Masters in Machine Learning and Deep Learning related topics. Montreal, QC, Canada.
- Nova Scotia Community College Business Intelligence Analytics program (Advanced Diploma), Halifax, NS, Canada.
- Simon Fraser University MS in Big Data, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- U. of of the Fraser Valley, Data Analysis Post-Degree Certificate, a one-year program which gives students the skills to manage real-world data, and the statistical techniques to analyze it, and present the information effectively to decision makers. East of Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- U. of Ottawa Master in Electronic Business Technologies, focuses on the integration of information technologies with business processes and strategies within a dynamic legal and business environment. Ottawa, ON, Canada
- University of Toronto, offering Data Mining Graduate course and Data Mining in Engineering Group.
- York University Schulich School of Business MS in Business Analytics, focus on developing the quantitative and technical skills the industry demands, coupled with the communication skills and strategic mind set to transform data into a competitive asset. Toronto, ON, Canada.
More ResourcesSee also
- Gil Press list of Graduate Programs in Big Data Analytics and Data Science.
- Data Science 101 Colleges with Data Science Degrees
- Inst. for Advanced Analytics Survey of Graduate Degree Programs In Analytics
- Masters In Data Science, edited by Matt Gardner.
- MastersInAI.org, a directory of master's degree programs in AI, machine learning, and related fields.