Location: St. Louis, MO
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The e-Business Analyst will support sales growth and operational improvements by identifying trends, reporting on key metrics, and translating data into actionable metrics for various teams within the organization. The e-Business Analyst will support the operational needs of sigmaaldrich.com by developing and supporting models for product recommendation, customer segmentation, and search engine relevancy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support analytical inputs to website content and functionality including product recommendation modeling, customer segmentation, search relevance modeling.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop reporting, performance metrics, and measurement strategies for key business processes and cross-functional projects
- Support strategic planning for market research and customer analytics initiatives
- Champion the adoption of web analytics throughout the organization
- Conduct, interpret and communicate quantitative and qualitative analyses of data
- Integrate and leverage web data with data from a variety of sources and systems
- Contribute problem solving, process design, and analytical support to formulate recommendations
- Design and execute A/B and multivariate testing to enhance the ROI of landing pages and marketing campaigns
- BS in market research, math, statistics, marketing, psychology, statistics, or other related field or equivalent in experience required. Master's degree a plus.
- 3+ years in an analytical position
- Experience with segmentation modeling, forecasting techniques, test design, reporting and analysis design, measurement strategy development, statistical modeling, financial modeling, and website analysis.
- Analytical and detail oriented: exploring data, discovering patterns, relationships, anomalies and trends
- Business: translating business needs to analytics requirements, strong business acumen, ability to establish and sustain strong business relationships, ability to effectively prioritize business needs
- Communication: strong communication skills, comfortable presenting and defending results across all layers of an organization.
- Technical: HTML and website development, knowledge of SQL, experience with analytic tools and techniques (SPSS, SAS, Excel, Business Objects)
- User behavior and habits: understanding differences, trends to develop strategies to accommodate them
- Understand the concepts of hypothesis testing and experimental design: i.e. designing tests and compiling the results
- Ability to effectively prioritize business needs
- Some travel may be required
For more information about Sigma-Aldrich, please visit its award-winning Web site at www.sigma-aldrich.com.
Apply online directly for Analyst, e-Business position
or if the above link does not work, go to Sigma-Aldrich careers page and search for req sial-00010332.
Sigma-Aldrich offers a highly motivational and rewarding working environment with attractive salary, benefits, retirement, relocation and incentive packages including tuition reimbursement. Sigma-Aldrich fosters the growth of employees in a culture of respect and dignity with ample opportunity for career advancement.
Sigma-Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer