Company: Yandex Labs
Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Responsible for design, implementation, and deployment of medium to large scale systems using C++, python, and shell scripting.
- Maintain and troubleshoot a large existing code base using UNIX debugging tools such as gdb and valgrind.
- Gather requirements, acquire resources, and promote communication in a distributed office environment.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Utilize distributed systems architecture, design, and algorithms, specifically knowledge of storage systems (GFS, bigtable), and message passing to achieve scalability.
- Perform large-scale inverted index generation and storage.
- Process large data streams in real-time to find trends and anomalies using algorithms and statistical techniques. Use mathematical techniques to optimize resource utilization and efficiency.
- MS in Computer Science or related, 2 years of post-MS experience working for web-search company.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Yandex Labs is located in Palo Alto, CA, and is a fully owned subsidiary of Yandex, the top Russian search engine company, now serving over 65% of all queries in Russia. More information about the company and the labs can be found here.
Come to us and taste the experience of a semi-startup environment, in which hard work and motivation pay off fast. We encourage travel to major conferences, research publications, and offer a range of benefits, including flexible hours, 4 weeks paid vacation, 401K, stock options, bonuses for production deployments and medical and dental insurance with premiums covered by the employer. Yandex Labs is the place where you can make a difference.
Yandex Labs is an equal opportunity employer.