Location: San Francisco, CA
Chomp is an app discovery product that helps users find the best mobile apps. It combines a unique search engine that lets you search for apps based on what they do rather than what they're called, with intelligent recommendations based on your browsing and purchase history. We're solving some really challenging problems in information retrieval, natural language processing and machine learning.
Apple is currently seeing more than 1 billion apps being downloaded on iPhone & iPod touch every 60 days. As a result, we think that what we are building is going to be an incredibly important product for the future of app discovery not just on iPhone but on all app platforms that matter. If you want to try Chomp out, please download it from the iPhone app store. Chomp is backed by top tier Silicon Valley VC's and has assembled a killer team coming from companies such as Google, Yahoo, Yelp and Admob.
- research and development for the Chomp search engine, potentially including but not limited to:
- query classification
- spell correct
- strong Java skills essential
- experience with a well known search engine company highly desirable
- PhD or Masters in Information Retrieval
- Experience with any of the following a bonus:
- natural language processing
- topic modeling
- semantic search
- ontology extraction
If you are interested, please click here to apply.