Location: London, UK and New York, NY
telemetry are world leaders in the manipulation, delivery and verification of digital televisual content and advertising. Our team members are highly qualified coders, engineers and analysts. In 2008 we were awarded an International Emmy® Award in recognition of our expertise within the digital televisual content sector. We deliver and diligently audit vast quantities of high quality, interactive and linear video across twenty territories; saving our clients millions of dollars each year. We are independent, media neutral and experienced. We bring analytical rigour and science to the art of televisual delivery and help make sense of the digital video sector.
telemetry are rapidly expanding and are looking to take on an ambitious senior statistical engineer. We are looking for people to join us in either our London or New York office.
- lead the statistical/data mining research within telemetry.
- utilise our massive data sources to produce innovative solutions to business problems.
- suggest ways to enrich our current data with data from external sources.
- develop projects from initial ideas and prototypes to fully-fledged live systems.
- research and suggest new ideas and approaches to upper management.
- lead small teams of engineers and analysts.
- masters or Ph.D in a highly numerate field (i.e. statistics, mathematics, computer science, physics, engineering).
- 4+ years applying data mining techniques in a commercial environment.
- broad and deep understanding of statistics, machine learning and data mining.
- working with massive datasets and combing information from multiple disparate data sources.
- extensive experience of building and evaluating statistical predictive models.
- expertise of at least one OO programming language.
- experience with at least one statistical/machine learning package (R, Matlab/Octave, Weka, etc.) and using this to rapidly prototype ideas.
- working knowledge of databases and SQL.
- ability to work as an independent researcher or as part of team.
- love working with data!
- ability to create beautiful visualizations of very large datasets.
- experience of natural language processing and text categorisation.
- superior verbal and written communications skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts to non-experts.
- experience of working with Linux.
Please send a CV/resume to email@example.com and refer to senior statistical engineer