Location: San Francisco, CA
Chomp is the search engine that finds the apps you want. Our proprietary algorithm learns the functions and topics of apps, so you can search based on what apps do, not just what they're called. Chomp is the first and only company to enable function-based app discovery across multiple device platforms.
With over 10 billion app downloads in iTunes and app revenues reaching $1.7 billion on iOS alone during 2010, Chomp is addressing a growing demand by utilizing information retrieval, natural language processing and machine learning processes to build a search engine that meets the scale and demand of app discovery across multiple stores and platforms. The Chomp app is currently available as a free download in the Apple App Store and the Android Marketplace and via the web at www.chomp.com. Chomp is backed by leading Silicon Valley VC firms and angel investors.
In the Machine Learning - Research role you will be joining a team of top scientists that are working on cutting edge technology.
- Conduct novel research in order to improve our app search product
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
- PhD or Masters in statistics or machine learning
- Deep understanding of statistics
- Experience using machine learning software, including open source packages such as Weka, Mahout etc.
- Ability to code in Python and R, with Java being an added bonus
- Work experience in one or more of the following areas highly desirable: Fraud prevention engineering, recommendation systems, ad optimization, large-scale data mining for analytics.
Apply here for Research Engineer, Machine Learning