Location: Cambridge, MA or Santa Barbara, CA
About Sonos: Sonos plays it all. Music from your personal library stored on your computer. More than 100,000 free Internet radio stations, shows and podcasts. And music services that let you stream and download their vast collections of songs from the Internet to the rooms of your choice.
Sonos is currently looking for a Senior Analyst who wants to work in an exciting leading edge company.
For the right individual; Sonos will offer relocation reimbursement to our Cambridge, MA or Santa Barbara, CA offices.
General Summary: The Senior QMS Data Analyst will work with various stakeholders to gather, define, and document product development and manufacturing process metrics and will work with our Business Solutions Group (BSG) to implement and manage appropriate data gathering, analysis and reporting solutions. The person will be responsible for translating current business needs into relevant data queries, ensuring timely and accurate reporting, as well as strategically planning for future data and reporting needs in a fast-growth environment.
The Senior QMS Data Analyst will also provide advanced analysis of key performance measures to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement. This person will work to ensure that data becomes real-time information to drive business decisions and that time spent gathering data is minimized.
This position is key to our continual improvement strategy and has the strong potential for high impact.
- Perform data mining, analysis, and reporting of key metrics. Provide reporting to management of observed trends in process and product quality, customer experience, and drill downs of root cause
- Work with internal process owners and champions to determine key performance indicators, data gathering and manipulation, and reporting requirements. Drive the creation of operational definitions and periodic refresh of all metrics.
- Maintain service level agreements for periodic reports and/or automated data feeds; ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Work with internal business systems group on creating and maintaining a website for corporate metrics.
- Conduct regular and ad hoc quantitative analyses; actively support the cross-functional failure review board.
- Diagnose and identify data integrity issues related to reporting and work with users to correct. Support report and data output troubleshooting as needed.
- Document a measurement and analysis process and related templates, best practices and training material.
- Assist and train users in various data analyses techniques and the creation of their own metrics, analyses, and reports, as needed.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience
- Solid understanding of Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Customer relationship management processes to validate source data a must. Familiarity with an end-to-end product realization framework and a collaborative development environment is required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; proven "critical thinking" ability to conduct quantitative analysis that informs data-driven conclusions and decisions
- Strong commitment to accuracy and error-free deliverables
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills: ability to communicate effectively with business users, technical personnel, and management across the organization; ability to translate business needs into necessary data queries and deliverables; ability to consolidate and effectively present data and information
- Self-starter with minimal supervision; ability to quickly learn new tools and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Share Point
- Experience with query and reporting software (SQL, PL/SQL, etc) a plus
- Training in statistical methodologies; six sigma training and experience preferred.
- BS in technical field required (especially Computer Science, Math, Quality Eng'rg, Statistics), Masters preferred
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position can be either in Cambridge, MA or Santa Barbara, CA