Company: eBay Inc.
Location: San Jose, CA
Please send resume to: Patricia Alvarez, firstname.lastname@example.org
Join eBay, the industry leader in Internet Marketplace! Help the Seller Standards team better understand seller behavior through pattern recognition over hundreds of millions of data records. The Standards team currently evaluates over 25 million users and determines behavior that impacts seller's businesses across the marketplace. Learn and help us identify a multitude of behavioral patterns using various data points to drive change on the eBay market. We access millions of records every day and are looking to deep dive using data mining and machine learning principles to learn more about eBay customers!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in data mining and machine learning technologies. You will work closely with cross functional teams (Architects, Product Design, Business) to understand seller behavior using both data mining and machine learning principles. Your research will enable eBay to gain key insights to seller behaviors that can improve seller efficiency and trust on the marketplace. You will work amongst a small team responsible for seller behaviors and seller trust.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, QA and Operations teams to architect and develop strategic and tactical solutions
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementations, and rollout applications with cross-functional impact
- Work jointly with other team members to deliver complex applications
- Implement proof-of-concept prototypes for data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Define, design, and implement software applications and SOA services. Segment and design system layers to support componentized and layered application development
- Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Share engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Share data research and findings with the broader team.
- Bachelors and five years or Masters and four years of experience required
- Expertise required in data mining and machine learning technologies
- Knowledge in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications in Windows and UNIX environments
- Expertise required in object-oriented design methodology and application development in Java
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Solid DB skills, data warehouse, and data mining expertise desired
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus in a high velocity, high quality environment
- Working knowledge of relational databases (prefer Oracle), UML, WSDL, Java script, AJAX
Please send resume to:
Patricia Alvarez, email@example.com