Location: San Diego, CA
As a member of the Data Analytics team, the Data Analyst plays a critical role in the successful deployment of analytic projects for DataQuick clients. He/she will have ongoing influence on the success of DataQuick's existing analytic solutions including RiskFinder RMBS, Collateral Validation, the DataQuick HPI, REO Inventory Report, and most custom client requests. His/her role centers on evaluating, managing, manipulating, and ensuring the quality of the various data inputs and outputs that will be involved in each client initiative. He/she will also work closely with Statisticians and Modelers on client initiatives supporting modeling efforts where necessary.
- Conducts exploratory data analysis to cleanse data to support model development. Evaluates client and internal datasets to determine fill rates, identify outliers, and complete general data hygiene to ensure downstream modeling and analytics efforts can be completed accurately.
- Processes beta version models, which includes standardization of input and output test files, running of test and beta batch jobs, and completion of quality assurance on beta jobs.
- Completes back-end quality assurance processes on client deliverables including RiskFinder RMBS, Collateral Validation, and custom orders to ensure clients receive error-free output.
- In addition to supporting analytic/modeling initiatives through the successful completion of aforementioned data analysis responsibilities, works closely with staff Statisticians/Modelers to identify and complete project tasks that are suitable to his/her level of expertise.
- The Data Analyst is expected to take on increasingly challenging project elements as his/her experience with specific client initiatives increases.
- 3-5 years experience in statistical and quantitative analysis ideally in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated ability to
- Analyze, interpret, synthesize, and present complex information
- Extract and mine data sets for analysis
- Effectively present technical findings to non-technical staff and clients
- Successfully evaluate, cleanse, and manipulate large (500+ GB) databases
- Working knowledge of Database tools, preferably MS-SQL server, and exposure to S-Plus, R, or SPSS desireable
apply online here
Visit our Careers page at www.dataquick.com
DataQuick is a TPG Capital® company. TPG Capital® is a leading global private investment firm with over $47 billion of capital under management across a family of funds. Since the firm's founding in 1992, TPG's investment philosophy has been to create value by investing in change - change created by industry trends, economic cycles or specific company circumstances