Company: Pitney Bowes Business Insight
Location: Boston, MA
Pitney Bowes Business Insight, the software division of Pitney Bowes Inc., was formed in 2007 by combining industry leaders MapInfo and Group 1 Software and most recently Portrait Software. Our global software solutions, data, and services provide our customers with greater competitive advantage and enhanced decision making through our array of offerings in Location Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Operational Intelligence, and Customer Communications Management. For further information about our products and services, please visit www.pbinsight.com and www.portraitsoftware.com.
Pitney Bowes Business Insight is currently seeking a Senior Analytics Consultant to work with clients on pre-sales and post-sales engagements to support customer-focused analysis, such as; response analysis, churn prediction, credit-risk and cross-sell potential in industries such as banking, insurance, telco and retail. The right candidate will be an integral part of our talented team, supporting our continued growth. This position will be located in our Boston, MA office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare customer datasets for analysis by cleansing, transforming, auditing, combining, aggregating and disaggregating raw data
- Audit and interrogate data to answer specific business-oriented questions about the customer bases
- Build predictive models of customer behavior
- Provide consultancy to customers and staff to support data preparation, analysis and modeling
- Assist with onsite installation of the software on Unix and Windows servers, as well as configuration and integration with our clients (typically large) data infrastructure
- Provide standard and custom training to end users of the software on applications of analytics in marketing
- Manage and address queries and concerns with Portrait's analytics solution
- Support of internal and external clients (i.e. customers and sales)
- Improve processes around analysis, reporting and modeling
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Industry experience in marketing analytics applications in one or more of our target verticals (retail, banking, insurance and telco)
- Experience in building and using data warehouses or data-marts for customer focused analysis
- Experience in working within a customer analysis or insight team with responsibility for one or more of the following activities:
- Analytical Data builds (incorporating data preparation, automated data load processing, aggregation / derivation and model building)
- Data Mining / Customer insight
- Building customer models from both static and behavioral (transactional) data e.g.
- Response modeling and targeting
- Predictive modeling for retention (e.g. churn)
- Campaign analysis and performance reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to liaise directly with our clients
- Ability to travel up to 40% throughout the US, including overnight travel.
- Strong logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills with a mathematical or statistical background
Email to Jill Spofford, email@example.com
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Opportunity Employer