Company: ISO Innovative Analytics
Location: San Francisco, CA (preferred); Lisle, IL, Jersey City, NJ (possible)
ISO Innovative Analytics (iiA) , a unit of ISO, is an insurance solutions company specializing in applying advanced analytic techniques and data management skills to the challenge of accurately assessing risk in the property and casualty insurance industry. Our clients include many of the nation's leading property and casualty insurers. We combine vast data resources with leading edge predictive modeling techniques to create the most accurate risk models in the industry. Our clients use these models to give them a competitive advantage in executing their marketing, underwriting, and pricing strategies. Our market position allows us to dedicate unparalleled time and talent to solving the industry's analytic challenges. The work environment at iiA is fast paced, fun, and informal, but highly professional. IIA is an equal opportunity employer.
ISO Innovative Analytics is looking for a bright, energetic predictive modeler. Your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Apply predictive modeling skills & Insurance knowledge to design and develop solutions for P&C Insurance.
- Leverage skills in handling very large datasets, perform sampling, & determine adjustments to test and compensate for data bias.
- Apply multiple methodologies for variable reduction and selection, clustering, segmentation & transformation.
- Identify predictive modeling technique(s) most appropriate for the problem (Generalized Linear Models, Logistic Regression, Decision and Regression Trees, Neural Networks, etc.) & develop multiple candidate models.
- Perform model validation to determine model lift & accuracy & test for reliability & stability of models. Use multiple statistics & measures to select final model.
- Work with deployment team to implement final models in production.
- Help develop presentations of model results & lift/efficacy analyses for senior stakeholders & partner clients.
- Participate in on-going training.
- Provide technical assistance to development partners and clients.
- Keep abreast of & adapt to technical innovations & new developments.
1. Masters degree (Ph.D. preferred) in quantitative or actuarial field is required
2. 2+ years professional experience building predictive models on very large datasets required
3. Professional experience applying predictive modeling techniques in P&C insurance preferred
4. Demonstrated knowledge of data reduction techniques, clustering, and Generalized Linear Models (GLM) required
5. 2+ years professional SAS experience using Logistic and GLM modeling is required
6. Demonstrated knowledge of the business of insurance and insurance data required
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; must be able to explain technical results to technical and non-technical audiences
8. Demonstrated ability to manage projects to required deadlines. Additional Information
Possible locations: San Francisco, CA (preferred); Lisle, IL and Jersey City, NJ (possible for more experienced candidates)