Location: Cambridge, MA
CQuotient (www.cquotient.com) is an analytics startup founded in 2010 that's building a radically superior cloud-based customer-prediction-and-optimization platform for retail. CQuotient's mission is to infuse every decision in retail with unparalleled customer insight gleaned from very granular customer behavioral data.
CQuotient's principals have a winning track record in applying analytics to the retail industry and are completely plugged into the retail ecosystem. We are backed by Bain Capital Ventures and have a paying customer already.
ROLE: Principal Program Analyst
The Principal Program Analyst will be based out of our Cambridge, MA office and work with our retail customers on pre-sales and post-sales engagements involving customer-centric modeling and analysis.
Work closely with retailer marketing and merchandising executives to help them understand, act on and realize value from customer-centric insights gleaned from their business data
- Understand the customer's business drivers in enough detail to be able to infer the true intent of the questions posed by customer executives, and re-frame the question if needed.
- Analyze voluminous customer/shopper purchase and other data to answer key business questions of interest to retail marketers and merchants
- Unearth trends, patterns, correlations that are non-obvious and real (i.e. not statistical flukes)
- Connect the dots between interesting findings and making them actionable by retail decision-makers
- Present recommendations with supporting data and evidence to customer executives and convince them to act on the findings
- Influence and inform the CQuotient analytic product roadmap to ensure that customer preferences and constraints are adequately addressed
- Be a thought partner to the Data Science team on modeling efforts
- As CQuotient grows, provide leadership to the customer-facing analytical team
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) in a quantitative discipline like Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Physics, Machine Learning etc.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated ability in working with large datasets to improve business decisions
- Direct, hands-on experience with data cleansing, transformations, exploration, visualization, analysis and modeling
- Experience in answering complex business questions via sophisticated data analysis
- Able to interpret ambiguous data and synthesize recommendations
- Recommend decisions with clear and nontechnical supporting rationale to business decision-makers
- Able to independently engage with, impress and win the confidence of senior executives
- Familiarity with statistical and data mining techniques (i.e. regression, classification, clustering, forecasting)
- Attention to detail and obsessed with ensuring that data-driven insights are not a result of data quality issues and programming errors
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point
- Experience with marketing/customer-centric analytics applications ideally in retail
- Experience in building and applying customer behavior models from behavior and demographic data (e.g., response modeling, behavioral targeting, segmentation, retention/churn modeling)
- Experiences in direct marketing domain (email, mail, catalogs, etc) including campaign analysis and performance reporting
- Experience in emerging direct-to-customer marketing channels (e.g., social media, mobile).
- Familiarity with S-Plus/R/Python
Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org