Company: Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
Location: Whitehouse Station, NJ
For more than 125 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 11th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 27 countries staffed by 10,400 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $48 billion in assets and $13.2 billion in revenues in 2008. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 203rd largest U.S.-based corporation. The magazine also includes Chubb in its list of "America's Most Admired Companies." Forbes listed Chubb as one of America's 400 Best Big Companies.
Chubb has maintained its reputation and financial stability with underwriting expertise, unparalleled customer service, unique industry-specific specialization and a deep respect for all of our employees.
Currently, Chubb is seeking a Statistician/Senior Actuarial Analyst-HOME for the Whitehouse Station, NJ office.
This position is for a Statistician within the Actuarial department of Chubb Personal Insurance (CPI). This group is responsible for providing CPI with the financial analysis necessary for Chubb to sustain profitability and maintain a competitive position within the personal lines (Homeowners, Automobile) insurance market.
The major duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop predictive models for personal automobile insurance coverages that identify profitable/unprofitable risks and enhance our ability to match rate to risk.
- Assist in the efforts to brainstorm and generate variables from both internal and external data sources.
- Develop data specifications for the modeling efforts. Partner with CPI IT to ensure data is extracted in accordance with specifications.
- Provide business support to CPI IT in the design and testing of the scoring engine, and other aspects of model implementation.
- Leverage the predictive model information to design reports to measure emerging trends and underwriter performance.
- Assist in efforts to recalibrate the predictive models every 12 to 36 months.
- Create and maintain documentation associated with the programs and applications developed.
- Participate in post-implementation reviews of the application development process to learn and share best practices.
- Minimum of two years of practical experience using statistical analysis techniques and building predictive models. An advanced degree in statistics is preferred.
- Proficient in programming with SAS (Base, Stat) and SQL. SAS Enterprise Miner is a plus.
- Software: Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Access is a plus.
- Strong statistical background.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Responsive to service needs and operational demands.
- Produces accurate work products in a timely manner.
- Self-confident and objective.
- Experience in insurance and/or actuarial work is considered a plus, but not mandatory.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers. For more information about Chubb and our benefits, visit our website at www.chubb.com.
apply online for Statistician job
or apply online at www.chubb.apply2jobs.com Reference Requisition number 8449.
Chubb & Son, Inc., a division of Federal Insurance Company, does not accept resumes from unsolicited third party agencies or recruiters. No fees will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates in this manner.