Company: Elder Research
Location: Washington, DC
Elder Research, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Data Miner / Predictive Analyst for its growing DC office focusing on predictive analytics projects at several Federal government clients.
Founded in 1995, Elder Research is one of the leading consulting firms focused on predictive analytics, with clients ranging from hedge funds to government agencies, and Fortune 500 corporations to start-up ventures. We are known for a collegial work environment and for solving difficult problems that require both cutting-edge expertise and practical experience. Ongoing application areas include fraud detection, risk scoring, marketing analytics, political predictions, market timing, and national security.
Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics, or other technical field
- US Citizenship
- 5-10 years experience in data mining and predictive modeling using sophisticated algorithms including: linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, CHAID, neural networks, Support Vector Machines, etc
- Significant experience leading advanced analytics projects in a business or government application
- Working knowledge of ensemble methods to combine scores of multiple models
- Working knowledge of text mining - applying data mining techniques to unstructured data
- Keen understanding of how predictive analytics fits into larger organization and experience in selling senior managers or clients on the value of analytics
- Experience deploying predictive models into a database or data warehouse system and monitoring model performance after implementation
- Masters or PhD in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics, or other technical field
- Significant experience in mathematical and technical programming in object-oriented languages including Java and C++
- Database management and data warehousing experience
- Lead predictive analytics projects with Federal government and private industry clients
- Manage team of analysts on projects and help mentor/train them in advanced analytics
- Work directly with client managers and technical staff to understand business problem, develop predictive models, and deploy/implement models into client database/data warehouse system
- Give presentations on a deep technical level as well as high-level overview to senior management to get their buy-in
- Give technical sales presentations to potential clients as the technical expert
If interested, please send resumes to email@example.com .