Location: San Diego, CA
DataQuick is one of the leading providers of real estate data. The VP of Analytics is responsible for developing and enhancing functional property data models that are used in business decision making in the mortgage lending industry. There are two major areas of focus. First, the VP of Analytics is responsible for ongoing modeling enhancements to DataQuick's automated valuation models. Second, the VP of Analytics oversees new, custom analytic efforts associated with advanced applications of DataQuick's property database. This key role manages a team of statisticians and works with product management, product development and sales teams to provide innovative data analytic/modeling products and customized solutions to our clients. Position is located in San Diego.
- Provide strategic direction in developing statistical and analytical solutions to business problems.
- Working within cross-functional development team, ensures ongoing modeling enhancements to all AVM solutions with the goal of constantly improving AVM accuracy and hit rate.
- Partners with sales and product management to identify opportunities to apply data modeling to business decisioning.
- Coach and direct the analytics team in the design of statistical and analytical solutions, and lead the development and implementation of the solutions.
- Advance the data analytics capabilities of the team through increased statistical and analytics knowledge, incorporating research into business solutions.
- Serve as the resident analytics expert for the company, consulting with clients and active involvement in relevant professional organizations and tradeshows.
- Present analyses results, modeling methodology and solutions to senior management and clients.
- Direct the development, IP, enhancement, and maintenance of various models.
- Work effectively with product management and product development to ensure that all are working in synchronization when developing, testing and enhancing models.
- Proven track record in data modeling design, development and implementation that has resulted in successful business solutions that have driven top-line revenue growth.
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of an organization.
- 10+ experience in data modeling, mortgage modeling preferred. Experience in the development and deployment of automated valuation models strongly desired
- 5+ years' experience directing analytic teams, ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of an organization
- Advanced degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or related field, Doctorate preferred.
- Solid mathematical/statistical skills, including experience with mathematical and statistical analysis packages and advanced analytic techniques
- Strategic thinker and problem solver who has the ability to apply functional analytic solutions to business problems
- Must be able to travel as needed for client visits and tradeshows and have outstanding presentation skills
DataQuick is a TPG Capital® company. TPG Capital® is a leading global private investment firm with over $47 billion of capital under management across a family of funds. Since the firm's founding in 1992, TPG's investment philosophy has been to create value by investing in change - change created by industry trends, economic cycles or specific company circumstances.
Apply online here
Or visit our Careers page www.dataquick.com/about/careers/