Location: New York, NY
Collective, a top 10 digital advertising network and leading technology platform provider, seeks talented and motivated data scientists for its New York location. Work on the cutting edge of 'big data' (billions of impressions per month, 10s of thousands of attributes per impression) and apply modern machine learning and data mining algorithms to drive enormous value for a rapidly growing business.
Quantitative Modeler Responsibilities
Develop innovative solutions using big data and advanced algorithms to challenging problems in the digital advertising arena. Must be able to develop working prototypes, prove that they add meaningful value, and ensure that they are implemented properly in a production environment.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Collecting and formalizing business, data and performance requirements for analytics models
- Assembly of modeling data sets from large structured databases
- Formulation, implementation, testing and validation of models
- Implementation of efficient automated processes for producing modeling results at scale
- Working with engineering teams on transitioning analytics processes to production
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, computer science, mathematics, physics, econometrics), or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of hand-on experience in quantitative modeling, analysis and data mining
- Expertise in R, Matlab or a similar environment
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience programming in at least one compiled language (C/C++ preferred)
- Expertise in scripting and command-line operations
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with optimization, data mining and machine learning techniques, in particular in application to large sparse data sets
- Experience analyzing internet scale datasets (billions of rows, thousands of columns)
- Experience with MPP databases (e.g., Netezza, Aster, Greenplum) or Map Reduce
- Experience in high-performance computing
- Digital media or web retail experience
Founded in 2005, Collective helps brand advertisers connect and engage with target audiences across display, video and social media. Collective's industry expertise provides a strategic advantage to its clients by leveraging proprietary audience modeling, insights and ad effectiveness metrics. Our flagship products, Collective Display and Collective Video®, are powered by AMP®, our market-tested data and media management platform. Collective is headquartered in New York with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco and London.