Location: Redmond, WA
Job ID: 746843
Are you fascinated by data and find that time flies when you are delving into it? If you like getting deep into data and telling the story the data shows you, you can have an incredible impact for Microsoft consumers and Windows Live! Come take a position on the team that is driving Windows Live success using the mountains of data from our intelligence systems that enables Windows Live to better understand user behavior and patterns. We are looking for our next Data Analysis Program Manager (DA PM) who will support this intelligence work.
Specific daily responsibilities include exploratory and confirmatory data analysis for our business intelligence systems. You will partner with product planning and marketing to build out new metrics and models to better support and drive the Windows Live business. You will drive relationships with feature teams across Windows Live to better share data and use analysis to help drive feature success. You will prepare models and presentations to help drive data culture providing actionable business intelligence across Windows Live. You will build prototypes to support new models and solutions.
This is a challenging role that requires a broad set of skills, a strong ability to deal with ambiguity, and a drive to win! An ideal candidate will have demonstrated proficiency at rapid development/prototyping, experience interfacing with large legacy systems, an understanding of how the Internet and Internet abuse works, a functional background in statistics and data analysis, and the desire to work in a fast paced, exciting environment.
Come join us and make a difference!
- C#/C++ and SQL skills required
- Familiarity with applying data mining techniques (i.e., classification, clustering, association mining, forecasting), statistics and information retrieval methods to real-world data
- Outstanding math skills
- Database architecture, design, implementation, and operations experience
- Broad experience with statistical methods and experimental design desired
- Experience interpreting and working with large sets of data
- Aptitude at working on multiple ambiguous projects simultaneously
- BS Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent is required for this position
Apply online here
Note: Interested candidates must apply online via our careers site to be considered for this position. Resumes received via email alone cannot be considered.
For follow up or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org