Company: Demand Media
Location: Santa Monica, CA
or by email to email@example.com
- Apply data mining and statistics to measure and understand the search user experience and feature engagement.
- Act as a resource for statistical issues such as sampling and data analysis.
- Well versed in areas of hypothesis testing, mixed model analysis, multivariate analysis (cluster and factor analysis), sampling/stratification.
- Apply statistical methods to answer business and engineering questions.
- Use statistics and predictive modeling to collect, explore, and identify the right data to be analyzed from multiple sources, then construct algorithms to explain or predict behavior and solve a variety of business and engineering problems.
- Design and implement statistical experiments to maximize site performance and profit as well as minimize and manage risk of revenue loss.
- Extract and transform data from existing data stores and perform ad-hoc statistical analyses.
- Proficiency with MS Excel/Office, SQL and SAS.
- Write reports, create presentations, tables and graphs for analytical projects.
- Communicate statistical ideas and interpret statistical results to non-statisticians effectively.
- 5+ years of work experience in the statistics/analytics field.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods: Experimental design, Analysis of variance / Regression, Logistic regression and Non-parametric statistics.
- Familiar in time-series analysis.
- Solid data management skills: SAS, SQL and Excel (SAS certified highly desirable).
- Effective communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to explain results and statistical concepts to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in team.
- Ability to estimate required effort for project objectives and prioritize work items appropriately.
- BS or MS in Statistics or Operations Research or Computer Science.