Company: The Nielsen Company
Location: Chicago, IL
Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows!
Nielsen is the world's leading marketing and media information company. We're passionate about measuring and analyzing how people interact with digital and traditional media, and in-store environments-locally and globally. Businesses worldwide use our services to better manage their brands, launch and grow product portfolios, and optimize their media mix.
Nielsen knows...great minds don't think alike!
Nielsen Marketing Analytics Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Nielsen, is a leader in marketing effectiveness consulting and tools. For 20 years, we've helped clients improve their business through data-based marketing. Our Consulting Services group has an open, full-time position in the northern Chicago suburbs for a Consultant. Will develop marketing mix and other statistical models, and consult to Fortune 500 senior and mid-level management on their use and interpretation to quantify what drives sales and use the results to increase market share, revenue, and profit.
For analyst level candidates:
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Quantitative Analysis, or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and a comfort with math and analytical thinking
- Well-organized, capable of handling several projects at a time while meeting deadlines
- Skilled at Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- SAS Programming skills a plus
- Graduate degree in Business (with quantitative emphasis), Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years experience in marketing or media analysis
- Strong client management and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong statistical and quantitative analysis skills
- Well-organized and capable of handling mission-critical projects while meeting deadlines
- SAS programming skills
- Skilled at Microsoft Office and PowerPoint in particular
- Media planning and/or marketing mix modeling experience a strong plus
- Experience with Nielsen or IRI syndicated data a plus
Diversity is key to our success in providing clients with information they need to succeed. We encourage creativity, fresh thinking and a blend of diverse perspectives. We are constantly striving to improve our clients' understanding of their consumers in everything they do - from buying detergent to buying a car, from going to the movies to surfing the web. The Nielsen Company is a public company and active in more than 100 countries, with headquarters in New York.