Company: a media company
Location: New York, NY
Salary: Competitive salaries, bonus, excellent benefits package
Summary: a media company is seeking an individual with strong leadership qualities and an exceptional ability to provide long term vision for our Strategic Analytics group. The individual will lead a team of highly qualified individuals in the areas of data mining, statistical modeling, segmentation, and in-market test design and evaluation. The VP Strategic Analytics will partner with marketing, finance, IT and operational leaders to develop strategies and execute plans to maximize business opportunities. The ideal candidate will work closely with market research to provide deeper insights into customer behaviors. He or she will also assist in developing a roadmap with respect to the future of our analytic environment and data constructs. The candidate will be responsible for providing independent evaluation of marketing strategies and expenditures, pricing proposals, and test results to line executives and senior management. Success in this role requires strong communication skills, initiative and demonstrated experience with cross functional team leadership.
- Develop analytical roadmap that defines how models, datasets, and strategy should evolve to incorporate new variables and ideas.
- Design statistically valid marketing tests, analyze results, gain consensus from senior management and partner with the marketing and IT teams to implement the desired strategies.
- Create advanced statistical analysis, segmentation, and modeling that enhances our ability to target and implement programs and policies to distinct and identifiable customer segments in order to enhance customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Manage all analytical activities with the objective of measuring and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing expenditures and promotional efforts.
- Recommend improvements to profitability by stimulating incremental sales, retention, improving segmentation or extending member lifetime value.
- Perform exploratory analysis to identify, investigate, and analyze segments with unique characteristics and behaviors (e.g., product interest, price sensitivity, channel preference) using appropriate statistical techniques to provide new strategic direction and inform marketing decisions.
- Establish and foster productive working relationships with marketing managers for each market segment, with the goal of achieving the business objectives.
- Continually evolve technical and analytical methods to improve efficiency and ensure accuracy and usefulness of results.
- Coordinate systems needs and priorities with IT.
- Train and develop staff in technical, analytical and business aspects, ensuring that the team has a high degree of visibility to senior management.
- Coordinate hiring efforts with Human Resources.
- Minimum of 10 years of direct/database marketing analytical experience in a leadership position.
- Expert in applying advanced statistical skills to real world scenarios including regression or decision tree based modeling.
- Strong SAS and SQL programming skills or related analytical software.
- Experience manipulating large data files.
- Proficiency with other PC-based software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and credibly with peers and senior management.
- Must function with a high degree of autonomy.
- MS in statistics or related fields required, advanced degree preferred, MBA helpful.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Email to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion.