Location: Cambridge, MA
About the Job
This position involves coming up with novel insights suitable for internal and external consumption as well as providing consultative services to internal clients in the analysis and interpretation of the Akamai advertising user base and usage data. The successful candidate will work closely (1) with the business team to help promote, measure and analyze successful advertising initiatives, (2) with the Product Management team to help make intelligent decisions on product features and functionality and (3) with the engineering team to turn commonly requested data analysis into products, as well as diagnose when engineering changes are needed to ensure data correctness and completeness.
About the Team
You will be joining a team of machine learning and data mining experts in Akamai's Advertising Decision Solutions (ADS) - a business unit focused on bringing to market behavioral targeting products for online advertising. These solutions enable more precise, scalable, and efficient online advertising.
The mission of ADS is to leverage Akamai's unique position in the Internet ecosystem - carrying web traffic for premier ad networks, publishers, and advertisers - to reduce friction and expand the behaviorally targeted advertising marketplace. ADS owns one of the Internet's premier databases of online retail behavior - over 180 million anonymous user profiles based on data collected from over 550 retail and product manufacturer web sites.
- Help unlock the value of our data by mining insights.
- Own the data analysis process, from data correctness to statistical significance, distinguishing causation from correlation.
- Proactively seek and perform analysis of business initiatives.
- Analyze user base composition, attributes, trends, marketing opportunities and growth predictions.
- Analyze effects of advertising campaigns.
- Summarize findings and present insights to senior non-technical audiences.
- Perform analytics such as regression and user segmentation.
- Prioritize analysis balancing its fit for answering business questions, time needed for its creation, and its robustness against dataset anomalies.
- Work with engineering to productize frequently requested reports.
- Serve as the liaison for all business analytics and reporting needs.
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Computer Science or other Quantitative disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with data in various forms and platforms, using scripting, SQL and/or other tools.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Applied Statistics and hypothesis testing techniques.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Perl, Python, Java, C and/or related languages.
- Masters Degree or PhD preferred.
- Data visualization skills.
- Experience with the map-reduce programming and the hadoop environment.
- Experience in online advertising.
- Familiarity with data mining techniques and machine learning.
- Experience with statistical packages such as R.
- Independent thinker and problem-solver, with the ability to work directly with diverse business groups, anticipate business needs, and develop tools and processes in order to meet these needs.
- Strong understanding of the needs/requirements of business customers.
- Strong oral communication skills, and ability to present analytical results to a non-technical audience.
- Must be detail-oriented and results driven.
- Is relocation available for this position: Yes
- Is US Citizenship required: No
- Is a Security Clearance Required: No
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you're helping some of the world's best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that's extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai - leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
Apply online here
About the Job
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.