Location: Blue Bell, PA (outside Philadelphia)
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
In the body of your e-mail, explain briefly why you believe you are a great fit for this opportunity. In addition, please state your salary expectations.
BehaviorMatrix (www.behaviormatrix.com) is a digital media analytics company that applies proprietary behavioral analysis to big data in order to provide advertisers, product managers, investors, and parents, unique insights into brands, products, and other topics.
Do you love solving difficult problems?
Can you work with large data sets?
Do you have experience building models to predict real-world outcomes?
Interested in working at an early-stage company utilizing your talents to deliver world-class solutions in an emerging field?
- Perform statistical analysis that deals with extracting information from data and using it to predict future trends and behavior patterns.
- Explore and analyze customer behavioral data, provide actionable insights and identify business opportunities.
- Create and optimize highly scalable predictive models and rule sets in order to analyze large-scale and complex data sets to uncover new trends and patterns
- Recommend and implement best practices around application of statistical modeling.
- Lead and/or implement projects that yield actionable business insights
- Graduate degree strongly preferred; major in Machine Learning, Statistical/Applied Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years experience in a predictive modeling / data scientist role within the commercial / pharmaceutical market area
- Proven ability to build predictive models that yield actionable insights
- Solid skills and training in machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining or related field.
- Excellent computer skills, including strong programming skills in Python, Java, C++ in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience using machine learning algorithms (for example: Generalized Linear Models, Boosting, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, SVM, Bayesian Methods, time series models, etc.)
- Experience tackling large data sets or familiarity with tools such as CouchDB, Hadoop or MapReduce.
- Experience working with some or all of the following tools and techniques: Mathmatica, Matlab, SAS, R, SPSS, CART, PMML and convex optimization techniques
- Understanding of algorithmic complexity and scaling of run time and memory usage with larger datasets
- Ability to concentrate on loosely defined problems which require application of creative approaches.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to a variety of audiences.