Location: Palo Alto, CA
Ph.D. or M.S. with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
Major(s): Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Research, develop and apply active learning methods in applications across various Bosch business domains (automotive, healthcare, industrial)
- Collaborate with product management, marketing and engineering teams in Business Units to elicit & understand their requirements & challenges and develop potential solutions
- Stay current with latest research and technology ideas; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas through papers, presentations to research staff, management, and key decision makers.
- Publish in relevant top journals and conferences, contribute to RB's patent portfolio
- Strong background in at least one of the following: active learning, budgeted learning, bandit mechanisms, or experimental design
- Strong programming experience in at least 2 of the following: Java, C++(STL), Python, Perl, Matlab, R, SPSS/SAS
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in Bayesian adaptive designs
- Experience in validation of large scale machine learning systems
- Cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Publication list and a statement of research experience
Established in 1999 with offices in Palo Alto, CA, Pittsburgh, PA and Cambridge, MA, Bosch Research and Technology Center North America focuses on innovative research and development in the areas of data mining, autonomous driving, robotics, human-machine-interaction, software engineering, sensors, wireless communication technologies, MEMS, building technologies, and new energy storage technologies.
Our team researches data mining and large-scale machine learning algorithms for high-performance distributed and parallel computing environments. Our focus is on uncovering new domain knowledge and providing data-driven predictive analytics in order to create high-impact business value for Bosch.