Location: Palo Alto, CA
Ph.D. or M.S. with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
Major(s): Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Research, develop and apply advanced statistical algorithms for analysis of large-scale, high-dimensional data across various Bosch business domains (automotive, healthcare, industrial)
- Collaborate with product management, marketing and engineering teams in Business Units to elicit & understand their requirements & challenges and develop potential solutions
- Stay current with latest research and technology ideas; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas through papers, presentations to research staff, management, and key decision makers.
- Publish in relevant top journals and conferences, contribute to RB's patent portfolio
- Strong background in machine learning, data mining, and experimental analysis
- Proven expertise in at least 2 of the following: probabilistic graphical models, latent variable models , time-series models, real-time learning
- Strong programming experience in at least 2 of the following: Java, C++(STL), Python, Perl, Matlab, R, SPSS/SAS
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Highly motivated, innovative with excellent communication skills
- Experience working with real-world large-scale, high-dimensional data sets
- Demonstrated experience with relational database systems; familiarity with SQL
- Cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Publication list and a statement of research experience
Established in 1999 with offices in Palo Alto, CA, Pittsburgh, PA and Cambridge, MA, Bosch Research and Technology Center North America focuses on innovative research and development in the areas of data mining, autonomous driving, robotics, human-machine-interaction, software engineering, sensors, wireless communication technologies, MEMS, building technologies, and new energy storage technologies.
Our team researches data mining and large-scale machine learning algorithms for high-performance distributed and parallel computing environments. Our focus is on uncovering new domain knowledge and providing data-driven predictive analytics in order to create high-impact business value for Bosch.