Location: Redwood City, CA
Job ID: R&D05775
Organization: Research & Development
Please apply online at bit.ly/MZD1vt
Informatica is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of organizations rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. To maximize return on data, Informatica increases the value of data by delivering relevant, trustworthy, timely, authoritative, actionable, accessible, holistic and secure data. At the same time, Informatica lowers the cost of data by bringing down business costs, labor costs, software costs, hardware costs and storage costs. With the Informatica Platform organizations can fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks
As part of the Core Technologies Business Unit you will be responsible for developing features and performance enhancements for new product use cases of the engine such as web services, data virtualization and data quality/ profiling. The Core Technologies Business Unit is responsible for developing features and performance enhancements for new product use cases of the engine such as web services, data virtualization and data quality/ profiling. Through the development of innovative features and distinctive performance enhancements, the team focuses on helping customers unlock the value of their data. The Data Engine is a multi-purpose engine that is used for a variety of use cases including batch, real-time and request/response type of data processing. It has been at the core of Informatica's flagship. Through the development of innovative features and distinctive performance enhancements, the team focuses on helping customers unlock the value of their data.
As part of the team in Redwood City you will be designing and implementing the next generation platform for complex heterogeneous systems and applications involving cutting edge technologies. The platform is being designed to handle volume, velocity and a variety of structured and unstructured data. You will be responsible for developing a scalable architecture that meets the needs of massive data in a distributed computing environment. It is a multi-threaded engine that can scale on multi-processor environments as well on a cluster of nodes. The engine is being revamped to process larger volumes of data (Big Data) by leveraging Hadoop.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an extremely motivated individual contributor who will design and implement the next generation Platform for complex heterogeneous systems and applications involving cutting edge technologies. Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment. In addition serving as a thought leader and mentor on technical, architectural, design and related issues and proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Defining, documenting, analyzing and operationalizing Platform requirements clearly to ensure that others may readily utilize requirement plans
- Designing, implementing, and enhancing functionality/performance to the Data Engine
- Designing and developing easy to use robust features that perform and scale in various data integration use cases.
- Working with product management and documentation teams to define and document product functionality.
- Providing mentorship and technical guidance to other junior team members.
- Developing a scalable architecture that meets the needs of massive data in a distributed computing environment
- Working closely with architects and product managers from various product groups to gather requirements and evangelize the Platform
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Serving as a thought leader and mentor on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- 7 or more years of experience in developing innovative enterprise products; data integration and ETL product experience preferred
- Knowledge of database internals, developing core scalable parts of system or server-side multi-threaded development experience is essential
- History of leading multiple concurrent projects and performing in a variety of different roles in the software development life cycle
- Strong programming skills in C++/ Java development skills
- Demonstrated understanding of object oriented design and programming
- Product development experience in enterprise software across multiple platforms such as Windows and UNIX
- Working knowledge of NoSQL database management systems such as Cassandra and MongoDB attractive
- Knowledge of distributed computing technologies such as Hadoop is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; executive presence; well-honed influencing and negotiating skills
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision; take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to react quickly to changing requirements due to product limitations or driven by enterprise needs
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
Please apply online at bit.ly/MZD1vt