Company: The Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises.
BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 75 offices in 42 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization.
Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
ABOUT BCG ADVANCED AND CUSTOMER ANALYTICS TEAM:
BCG's Advanced and Customer Analytics team delivers powerful analytics-based insights, methods, and visualizations designed to help our clients tackle their most pressing business problems. We partner with BCG case teams and practices across the full analytics value-chain: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative analytics workflows, training colleagues on new methods, and interpreting findings. The Advanced and Customer Analytics team is a global resource, working with clients in every BCG region and in every industry area.
Customer and Advanced Analytics team is a core member of a rapidly growing constellation of analytics-focused teams at BCG - collectively, this Analytics Group shares a cross-industry, global, collaborative problem solving approach and a commitment to driving value for BCG clients through the lens of world-class data science.
We are seeking a strong candidate with experience to fill an exciting Analyst position within BCG's Customer and Advanced Analytics team. The role provides an opportunity to leverage advanced analytics methodologies to deliver value to BCG's clients in collaboration with case teams.
The Analyst will collaborate directly with local and international case teams, focusing on the analytics components of client deliverables including large data analysis, predictive analytics, data mining and other advanced analysis processes. The Analyst will also supervise the analytics platforms and data sets, assist in development of analytics tools and processes, and lead trainings.
Because the field of Analytics is rapidly evolving, the Analyst is responsible for staying current on leading-edge tools and approaches, proactively working with the team lead for Advanced and Customer Analytics to enhance offering that deliver competitive advantage to BCG.
KNOWLEDGE TEAM (KT) ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(all should apply; there may be additional activities)
Provides support for client work
- Provides analytical services ranging from specialty tasks (e.g. ETL, data management, script design) to full analytics modules (e.g. customer segmentation or sales territory optimization)
- Provides sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (e.g., innovative graphs and data visualizations, ppt slides, interactive tools, etc.)
- Executes and coordinates complex analytics related research requests across regions and PAs (including internal & external expert interviews)
- Establishes credibility with case teams regarding business analytic topics; takes positions and draws conclusions on a range of external and internal issues (full case team integration is possible)
- Supports BCG partners / principals on proposals, leads and other marketing
- Assists others in navigating the Knowledge network connecting materials / people
- Develops specialized topic knowledge, including feeding knowledge gleaned from case team support back to the Advanced and Customer Analytics team (e.g. case debriefing, help with content of KM deck, capturing information from interviews)
- Collaborates on analytics intellectual capital development (e.g. Tier 1s)
- Supports content development around topic for PA meetings, also includes virtual trainings or local Analytics / PA training days
- Maintains proprietary Analytics tools and data sets
- Authors advanced analytics training materials
Supports the local office (e.g., provides training in analytics content and proprietary tools)
- 2+ years of relevant work experience producing advanced business analyses in industry, academia, or government using industry-standard business analytics tools and data
- Undergraduate degree in a field linked to statistics, applied mathematics, computer science and engineering, or related field (or equivalent expertise based on a significant record of directly-relevant analytics experience within a business environment)
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize complex data
- Autonomous, self starter with a passion for analytics and statistical problem solving
- Practical, tenacious approach to problem solving
- Strong foundation in core analytics methods, tools, and data sets (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Oracle BI, ...)
- Programming or scripting experience (e.g. Python, C#, VBA, ...)
- Good oral and written communication skills (fluency in English is required)
- Leadership and management experience
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, serviceoriented environment
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential
- It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple labor laws and cultures
In applying for this position you must send your CV/resume to AnalyticsGroupRecruiting@bcg.com
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements.
If selected, a transfer date will be negotiated with your line manager.
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer