Company: A9 (part of Amazon.com)
Location: Palo Alto, CA
A9.com was created because we believe search is vitally important to digital commerce. Our Product Search technologies continue to set the standard in helping people find the products they want.
We're looking for an experienced technical leader to provide data-driven analyses of Amazon's product search that are essential for running Amazon's business, improving the user's search experience, and managing the search infrastructure.
The Director of Analytics reports to the VP of Engineering, and will:
- define a multi-year strategy for the team to become the primary source of search analyses within Amazon;
- expand the current reporting platform;
- build a big-data platform supporting advanced multi-dimensional analytics;
- grow a professional-services team of analysts and data specialists to help other teams with their analytic needs, to troubleshoot search issues, and to identify opportunities for improving the search service;
- develop a Search Business Dashboard, covering operations, cost, revenue, and relevance.
The ideal candidate:
- has managed an analytics team, most likely within a large online consumer business but perhaps within a large enterprise
- has led the construction of a big-data system or data warehouse
- lives and breathes data in support of business and technical goals
- is a dedicated and successful recruiter across a breadth of disciplines [senior architects, software engineers, PhD analysts, product managers, and technical-support engineers] and able to lead the team through a period of rapid growth while maintaining the highest hiring standards
- views other teams' problems as an opportunity, not a chore
- has a high organizational IQ
- has an advanced degree in a technical field
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Previous post||Next post|