Providing analytical support on risk management initiatives for policies to control risks associated on-line money movement, and consulting assistance to client financial institutions in establishing and monitoring their own risk criteria.
Company: CashEdge, a division of Fiserv
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Reporting To: Director, Risk Policy and Analytics
The Risk Management group is responsible for policies to control risks associated on-line money movement. The group also provides consulting assistance to client financial institutions in establishing and monitoring their own risk criteria. The Staff Risk Analyst will be responsible for providing analytical support on risk management initiatives.
See also https://www.popmoney.com/
Specific responsibilities include:
- Building and monitoring the effectiveness of risk models, assessing their adequacy for different portfolio segments and clients, and determining when model modification/redevelopment is necessary.
- Investigating new data sources and analyzing predictive variables.
- Helping design, implement, and test new risk management strategies to optimize profitability while controlling risks.
- Participating in the design and development of new products/services, especially in regards to identifying and quantifying associated risks.
Candidates should meet these minimum qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in risk management of 3-5 years in payment or funds transfer operations (i.e. EFT, ACH). Must have fraud risk model development experience. Credit card or loan payment experience is acceptable.
- Candidate should ideally possess 3-5 years of experience in the development of risk management models for transaction risk management and resulting investigations.
- Fluent in SQL (we use Oracle) and SAS (Base, Stat). Experienced in putting models in production or working with others to run your production models.
- Experience with two or more data mining algorithms (such as regression, decision trees, Support Vector Machines (SVM), clustering, rules, fuzzy rules, Bayesian networks, boosting, bagging, regularization, a-priori/AR, outlier detection ...)
- Masters or advanced degree preferred (Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Management Science / Operations Research), although additional years of relevant experience with a Bachelors is acceptable.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to work with other members of the team, strong interpersonal and communication skills to a non-technical audience. Are you a "geek that can speak?"
- The successful candidate will be analytical, organized, dependable, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Applicant must be results oriented; shown proven leadership; and must have ability to multi-task and handle deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
OPTIONAL, RELEVENT EXPERIENCE
- Helpful experience can include some of:
- SAS Enterprise Miner (SAS EM)
- Predictive Modeling Markup Language (PMML)
- Oracle PL/SQL procedural programming
- R (a statistical programming language)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Apply online at www.fiserv.com/about/careers.htm,
Job Requisition ID: LD41538
About CashEdge: CashEdge provides Software as a Service to banks, to move money between institutions. We move over $80 Billion on behalf of consumers and small businesses on the bank's web site, through our mobile app, sending or requesting money. CashEdge was acquired by Fiserv in January 2012.
About Fiserv: Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global provider of information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry, providing integrated technology and services that create value and results for our clients. Fiserv drives innovations that transform experiences for more than 16,000 clients worldwide, including banks, credit unions and thrifts, billers, mortgage lenders and leasing companies, brokerage and investment firms and other business clients. Metrics & Rankings include:
- Relationships with all 100 of the top 100 U.S. banking institutions
- #27 on the InformationWeek 500, ranked #6 in the Banking & Financial Services category (2011)
- More than $1 trillion moved through Fiserv solutions annually
- Best Electronic Commerce Provider by Global Finance magazine (2011)
- U.S. market leader for account processing according to Automation in Banking (2011)
- Ranked #1 on the FinTech 100 by American Banker and Financial Insights, 6 of the last 8 years.