Lead Analytics Engineer
You'll be building a scalable, near real time analytics platform that brings insight to one of the world's most interesting data sets. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership and direction to a team that is foundational to Knewton success.
Location: New York, NY
Located in the heart of Manhattan, Knewton is building the world's most powerful adaptive learning engine, with the goal of making personalized and engaging education available to all. Knewton has been recognized as a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum in Davos and one of the top 25 best places to work by Crain's New York Business. Knewton's funding partners include high-profile investors like Peter Thiel, Reid Hoffman, and publishing giant Pearson.
Lead Analytics Engineer
You'll be building a scalable, near real time analytics platform that brings insight to one of the world's most interesting data sets. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership and direction to a team that is foundational to Knewton's success.
Your ultimate goal: to minimize Knewton's time to insight; maximizing the rate at which we can distil value from the huge volumes of educational data we process everyday.
This is an outstanding opportunity to:
- Work with and learn from leading engineers and data scientists
- Make key engineering decisions regarding technical direction of the company
- Become an industry luminary - we are actively open sourcing our projects and contributing to others
- 4 - 10 years of writing high-quality, elegant code
- At least 2 years of dedicated Java experience
- At least 1 year of production experience with big data technologies: MapReduce, HBASE, Cassandra, Flume, Hive, PIG, MongoDB, etc.
- Strong system design skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for transforming education
- Experience in large scale data analysis and machine learning
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Unix
- Experience with open-source technologies
- Competitive salary and stock options
- As much paid vacation as you need to take
- Flexible hours
- High-quality work station (default setup: a Mac retina laptop with a giant monitor)
- The opportunity to use cutting-edge machine learning and engineering techniques to transform and democratize education
100 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10011