Data Mining Research Analyst
Waterfront International, specializing in developing computer based statistical trading strategies, is looking for a highly talented Data Mining Research Analyst with a history of exceptional achievement.
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Waterfront International is a Toronto-based quantitative finance research firm, specializing in developing computer based statistical trading strategies. Waterfront's selective hiring process considers only highly talented individuals with a history of exceptional achievement.
- Perform financial market data research and analysis to identify and resolve data issues using advanced data mining techniques.
- Develop proprietary data mining tools and applications.
- Develop predictive models.
Requirements of the Candidate include:
- PhD or Masters in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science specializing in Data Mining.
- Experience with machine learning and knowledge discovery techniques.
- Solid quantitative background with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Extensive data mining and statistical research experience utilizing large data sets.
- Must possess expert level C/C++ programming skills.
- Some financial experience desired but not required.
- Must be a strong self-starter and able to work well independently.