Are you interested in impacting the next generation of data products for local e-commerce? The LivingSocial Data Science team is looking for highly qualified candidates to help inform decision-making and solve business problems with data.
Location: Washington, DC
LivingSocial is the local marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city. We help local businesses grow by introducing them to high-quality new customers and give merchants the tools to make our members their regulars. Based in Washington, DC, we have more than 70 million members around the world. At LivingSocial, we move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and ferociously committed to executing each day.
Are you interested in impacting the next generation of data products for local e-commerce? Do you want to be challenged by your job and be surrounded by passionate, dedicated, and creative people? Are you hungry? If so, we want to invest in you!
Data scientists will be responsible for utilizing advanced statistical methods to answer business questions and deliver insightful solutions to complex problems.
- Design hypothesis tests, oversee test execution and result evaluation
- Develop metrics to measure business performance
- Model, predict, and classify consumer behavior and other business metrics
- Utilize large-scale data mining and machine learning techniques to discover actionable patterns in the data
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Well-developed quantitative skills and analytical thinking
- Ability to query databases and perform basic statistical analysis
- Familiarity with hypothesis testing and experimental design
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., R, Python, Ruby, Clojure, Java)
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Ability to communicate complex analyses in a clear and actionable manner
Education & Work Experience
- Applicants must have at least 3 years experience performing data analysis / predictive modeling
- A degree in Math, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, or a related field. Preference given to candidates with a Master's or a Ph.D degree
- Preference given to candidates with a background in collaborative filtering, data mining, machine learning, optimization, statistical theory, epidemiology, biostatistics, econometrics, engineering, or computer science
If this describes you, we would love to talk to you!
Please visit this link to submit your application:
For a complete listing of our other Big Data Jobs (Database Analyst & Big Data Engineer) please visit LivingSocial Big Data Jobs