Data Analytics Position
Crum & Forster, an insurance products & services company, is building a start up Data Analytics team that will lead and conduct research & development initiatives.
Company: Crum & Forster
Location: Morristown, NJ (Regional office possible)
Located in beautiful Morristown, NJ Crum & Forster (C&F) is a standard and specialty insurance products & services company.
C&F is building a start up Data Analytics team that will lead and conduct research & development initiatives to help achieve optimal results and efficiencies. Incumbents are expected to conduct advanced econometric, operations research and statistical analyses of business operations, develop advanced actuarial pricing and reserving models and develop models to evaluate agency management, loss control, premium audit, claim process and loss development.
- Relevant work experience in insurance or financial industry
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer skills including statistical software programs (e.g. R, SAS); applied understanding of relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2)
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in economics, operations research, statistics, mathematics, finance, actuarial science, computer science or equivalent with at least seven years of relevant work experience preferred for AVP level position
- Bachelor's degree with at least twelve years of relevant work experience for the Quantitative Analyst or Senior Statistician levels
- Leads the development of analytical models to drive superior business results
- Identifies and acquires data sources, both internal and external that can be used to enhance analyses
- Proactively stays abreast of industry and methodological developments, changing trends and jurisdictional issues. Applies new information to existing products
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with business partners
- Identifies and implements new methods to solve and/or improve business problems and processes
Founded in 1896, Crum & Forster ("C&F") is a national property and casualty insurance group providing a broad range of standard and specialty commercial insurance products. In February 2011, C&F, (part of Fairfax Financial Holding's group of companies) announced key changes for its specialty lines operations in connection with its recent acquisitions of First Mercury Financial Corporation ("First Mercury"), Valiant Insurance and American Management Corporation ("AMC"). These recent acquisitions have enhanced C&F's capabilities in the specialty lines marketplace while continuing to strengthen the standard lines business.
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions please email your resume to Robert.Burke@cfins.com.
To learn more about Crum & Forster visit www.cfins.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer.