Help a major supplier to the dental industry collect and analyze data to evaluate product and service markets, identify and monitor competitors, and research market conditions and changes.
Company: Sybron Dental
Location: Coppell, TX
_Contact_: Apply online.
Axis|SybronEndo, a division of Kerr Corporation within Sybron Dental Specialties, a Danaher company, is recruiting, retaining and rewarding and recognizing a team of "A" players fully aligned around our commitment to scale and organizational accountability to allow us to achieve balanced growth.
The Axis|SybronEndo Rotary business unit is comprised of approximately 450 associates that conduct business across the globe supporting the dental industry. Our Sales, Marketing and Distribution partners include Axis Dental, based in Coppell, TX, and SybronEndo, based in Anaheim, CA, while our manufacturing plants are located in Morrisburg, Ontario and Merida, Mexico. These combined partnerships across the Rotary business unit develop, manufacture and distribute rotary and endodontic products worldwide. The dental product lines are sold to dentists, endodontists and dental product distributors in the U.S. and abroad both through direct and a distribution sales channel.
The primary responsibilities of this position involve collecting and analyzing data to evaluate existing and potential product and service markets. This role will work to identify and monitor competitors and research market conditions or changes in the industry that may affect sales involves examining pricing, sales activity, methods of marketing and distribution as well as analyzing data on past sales to predict future sales. This role increases the effectiveness and efficiencies of the Sales & Marketing efforts through both data analysis and strategic thinking with the technical knowledge and the business intelligence acumen to provide timely and relevant information to bridge the gap between the company's efforts and customers.
We are looking for the exceptional candidate for our Data Scientist role who:
- Brings proven experience, analytical excellence, and incredible market research skills and can successfully identify, interpret and communicate market conditions.
- Has demonstrated data analysis experience within a Sales & Marketing environment.
- Possesses excellent advanced actuarial, mathematical, financial analytical and technical skills to be applied within a Sales & Marketing scope to collect and analyze raw data such as VOC (Voice of Customer), current market conditions, product-related information, promotional ROI data and input, etc and translates to meaningful information for all stakeholders.
- Works with senior leadership to develop statistical models to support strategic decisions.
- Conducts performance analysis using both internal and external data to advise leadership by providing data-based strategic direction.
- Works very closely with Marketing, Sales, Finance and IT teams to develop and present strategic business plans and promotions that drive results.
- Possesses advanced computer technical skills to be able to use available internal and external resources to gather and collect data from a wide variety of sources, to include query development, designing report architecture, review of raw data to highlight trends, review for accuracy and can help bridge the gap from putting a wide range of sales and marketing data into financial terms.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills to effectively plan and prioritize to exceed goals.
- Takes a proactive approach to developing, analyzing and reporting on web analytics.
- Master's degree in Statistics or Actuarial Science; and at least five to six years related experience and/or training. Experience in the manufacturing/sales industry a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role with demonstrated mastery in areas of economics, statistics, math, regression analysis (logistic), forecast modeling, predicative modeling, experience with SAS/R or other statistical software.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office suite), including expert Excel skills to design macros, reporting, Access database design, MS Project
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Detail oriented, ability to articulate complex concepts clearly and simply
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism
- Exceptionally organized, fast and accurate
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly via verbal and written methods
- Developing a research plan, analyzing the research results and offering marketing strategies and segmentations.
- Creating and maintaining Sales & Marketing report deck to ensure accuracy and punctuality
- Analyzing reports to identify opportunities for growth and problem areas that need additional attention
- Working with Marketing team to create and track marketing promotions.
- Supporting sales and marketing management in pricing strategies and analysis
- Analyzing customers, organizations, and competitors using graphs, charts, and explanatory text.
- Collecting customer demographic information such as income, gender, age and market information through principal research methods.
- Conducting research on marketing strategies and customer opinions, collaborating with third party market research firms, marketing professionals, and other professionals.
- Generating reports of findings, placing difficult findings on paper, and illustrating data graphically.
- Collecting information on competitors and analyzing their sales, prices, and methods of distribution and marketing.
- Measuring the effectiveness of advertising, marketing, and communications strategies and programs.
- Attending department conferences to provide proposals and information concerning the distribution, promotion, pricing, and design of company services or products.
- Providing information to help determine company's positioning in the current marketplace.
- Developing and implementing procedures to identify advertising needs, and directing trained survey interviewers.
- Devising and evaluating methods and procedures to collect data such as opinion polls, surveys, or questionnaires or arranging them to obtain accessible data.