Principal Data Scientist
Join EA Digital Platform Data Group, and help develop a new unified Big Data pipeline across Electronic Arts, built on a modern, cloud based tech stack with best-in-class tools, to power the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
Location: Redwood City, CA
Requisition ID 9841
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The EA Digital Platform Data Group is responsible for developing a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for a Principal Data Scientist to work in the EA Digital Platform Data Group.
- Use machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems in the gaming domain
- Analyse and extract key insights from EA's rich store of gamer and gameplay data
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning for applications like recommendations and targeting
- Work closely with the core development teams to deploy models seamlessly as part of production systems
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Research and implement novel machine learning algorithms for new business problems.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- PhD. in Computer Science with a focus on machine learning
- Track record of having developed novel machine learning algorithms, SIGKDD/ICML/NIPS publications a plus
- Hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis over large volumes of data
- Strong Problem solving ability
- Strong Programming skills in C/C++ or Java
- Experience with large scale distributed programming paradigms - experience with the Hadoop stack(HDFS/MR/Pig/Hive) a plus
- Experience with R/SAS/SPSS
- Experience with SQL and MPP databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication and skills
It's not easy building the world's best digital playground. It's hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It's down-in-the-trenches challenging. It's stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It's you-taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that's changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you're reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.