Coordinating and executing BHI analytics in support of product development, client support and research/innovation initiatives; act as an internal consultant on analytical projects using large claims databases.
Company: Blue Health Intelligence
Location: Chicago, IL
Responsible for coordinating and executing BHI analytics in support of product development, client support and research/innovation initiatives. Responsible for managing multiple complex projects and associated study deliverables related to data analysis activities in support of BHI project objectives. This function will act as an internal analytic consultant on the development and implementation of analytical projects using large claims databases, and support the value of services for BHI customers. Manage and execute complex projects using SAS software, functioning as an analytic and technical resource as well as a subject matter expert.
- A minimum of five years of experience within a business environment with a minimum of 3 years within a managed care or health services delivery setting with expertise in analyzing large claims databases with SAS. Experience with healthcare informatics and/or medical economics.
- College degree with a health care concentration preferred (or equivalent health care experience). Degree specializing in Statistics, Research Methods, Pharmacy or Social Sciences with applicable and documented experience.
- Highly skilled in documenting SAS processes and executables, with ability to translate into business specifications.
- Expertise and proficiency in developing/writing and executing analytical programs and statistical methodologies using SAS and SAS Enterprise Guide. Experience coding in SQL. PC experience using database programs, spreadsheets, and word processing, including all components of MS Office (particularly MS Excel and MS Access). Experience manipulating and analyzing medical and pharmacy claims.
- Graduate degree in public health, clinical analytics, healthcare research or other relevant concentration.
- Ability to write production SAS code.
- Experience in consulting on and implementing claims analytics..
- Excellent process management and conflict management skills including advanced time and resource management skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate to small and/or large audiences (both internal and external).
- Advanced statistical analytic skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data through complex analysis using SAS.
- Demonstrate curiosity and determination in pursuing complex and innovative approaches to data analyses. Ability to analyze data, and investigative skills helpful in resolving issues.
- Creative thinking needed. Independent thinker.
- Ability to effectively manage delivery of outputs, and possesses excellent process management skills.
- Clinical and Industry knowledge preferred. Experience with operational statistics, data mining and data warehousing tools highly desired.
Apply online here.