Computational Biologist, Proteomics Applications
Design biological experiments using Proteomics techniques, analyze data, and serve as a consultant for the ongoing research, for a top tier agro biotech company.
Company: Top biotech company
Location: Midwest, USA
The company is a top tier, multi-billion dollar Biotechnology organization and a Best-in Class leader in agro biotechnology seeds and traits, whose mission is to develop and market new highly innovative biotechnology solutions to help better feed the world's expanding population. The company has over 6,000 employees worldwide with 2012 revenues of about $6B, and has an extremely entrepreneurial, and fast moving organizational structure. In 2012, the company completed a major expansion of its global R&D campus costing $400 million and adding an additional 300,000 sq. ft. in R&D, process development, labs, pilot, greenhouse and office space. The company's goal is to double revenues in 5 years and is currently growing about 30% per year. The company was recently listed as one of the top six best places to work in the scientific industry in the US by one of the leading scientific publications.
Email to email@example.com
Qualified candidates can have prior experience working for an established biotech company (including Human Health / Biopharma, Agro Biotech, Industrial Biotech or Plant Sciences. The position will be part of the "data analysis" department of the R&D Information Technology and Data Analyses (ITDA) group and will work with scientists throughout the company's R&D group.
- Design of biological experiments using Proteomics techniques, analysis, interpretation and presentation of results.
- Development and application of the algorithms to analyze data from various mass spectrometry experiments.
- Serve as a consultant for the ongoing research process.
- Identify and implement new quantitative methods that will improve the efficiency and integrity of the companies' product development cycle.
- Proven track record in writing scientific papers is desirable.
- Hands on experience of algorithms and pipelines for Proteomics data analysis.
- Collaboration with Wet Lab the scientists.
- PhD degree in computer sciences, mathematics, computational biology, bioengineering, statistics, Bioinformatics or closely related area is required.
- A strong background in Proteomics.
- Flexible and various levels of experience are acceptable, including recent post Ph.D. scientists, and up to those with 15 years of experience in hands on work in the area.
- Willingness to work in hands-on environment in implementation of specific software.
- Experience in analysis of wet lab data from mass spectrometry.
- Background in Machine Learning is highly desirable.
- Qualified candidates can have prior experience working for an established biotech company (including Human Health / Biopharma, Agro Biotech, Industrial Biotech or Plant Sciences).
Competitive base salary, plus aggressive annual bonus plan. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Position is located at the company's global headquarters on its modern and expanding campus. Matching 401K and strong benefits package. Very generous paid relocation plan. City is clean, dynamic and fast growing. City has a strong reputation for offering a lower cost of living, great educational systems and outstanding quality of life.