Media6Degrees (m6d) delivers digital ad solutions to hundreds of major brand marketers by capturing the power of web-wide data to generate their best next customer prospects. Interact closely with the data science and business teams on the development of core technologies, design and execute assessments and other analyses.
Location: New York, NY
Media6Degrees (m6d) delivers digital ad solutions to hundreds of major brand marketers by capturing the power of web-wide data to generate their best next customer prospects. We use proprietary brand algorithms to discover relevant new audiences, and use machine learning to continuously update and improve our results. We work with more than 300 brands, including over half of the Ad Age 100, and 80% of our clients return to invest more marketing dollars. As part of the m6d data science team you will be designing and implementing state of the art prediction technology as well as participate in publishable research.
The Data Scientist will interact closely with the data science and business development teams as well as senior management on the development of core technologies design and execute assessments and other analyses. The Data Scientist will also work with engineers who will implement the technologies in production. The position requires a results driven individual who can thrive as an independent researcher.
- Masters Degree or PhD in a highly statistical field (i.e., statistics, economics, computer science, mathematics)
- Strong data intuition - ability to turn numbers and reports into working hypotheses and design research projects around those hypotheses
- Significant industry experience building predictive models for real applications
- Expert in classical applied statistics (linear models, logistic regression, hypothesis testing, sampling)
- Broad and deep understanding of machine learning algorithms (Random Forest, SVD, etc).
- Extensive experience with statistical and machine learning packages (R, Mahout, SAS,SciPy)
- Experience building and evaluating complex statistical predictive models
- Clear thinker and effective communicator
- Ability to create and lead complex projects
One or more of the following considered a PLUS:
- Expert in supervised learning methodology
- Academic publishing history
- Experience in online advertising
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Knowledge/experience with dimensionality reduction, clustering
- Experience with visualizing/presenting analytical results
- Substantial programming/scripting experience (Python, Perl, C++, Java, etc)
- Ability to quickly prototype new ideas
- Experience with systems for manipulating massive data sets (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig)
- Dog lover, musical skills, winning Ping Pong and/or Ultimate Frisbee awards!
Please send your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com.
M6D is an Equal Opportunity Workplace