Focus on creatively tackling Quantcast's most complex quantitative modeling problems and advancing the company's core statistical inference and algorithmic technology for audience targeting
Location: San Francisco, CA
Quantcast is hiring a Modeling Scientist/Engineer for our San Francisco office. This role will focus on creatively tackling Quantcast's most complex quantitative modeling problems and advancing the company's core statistical inference and algorithmic technology for audience targeting (www.quantcast.com/audience/quantcast-lookalikes).
We are interested in software engineers with a strong production development background and a keen interest in Machine Learning, Data Mining and Statistics. This is an opportunity to work within a diverse and collaborative group of scientists on some of the most challenging problems in online audience measurement and targeting industry.
Quantcast's Modeling Team works closely with our Scientific Advisory board, comprised of Stanford professors Jerome Friedman and Trevor Hastie. As leaders in the fields of data mining and statistics, both professors take an active interest in Quantcast and our ongoing work.
- Translate real-world problems to mathematical framework
- Develop statistical models and algorithms to solve large-scale inference and prediction problems
- Prototype solutions and conduct data analyses using R, MATLAB and/or Java
- Gather necessary data and statistics over multi-petabyte data sets by writing Map-Reduce jobs in Java to run efficiently on Hadoop-style cluster
- Implement algorithms for production level systems responsible for real-time audience targeting and pricing in Real Time Bidding (RTB) exchanges
- Interface with other teams to deliver solutions for client ad campaigns
- Generate proposals for further research directions for modeling team
- Participate and occasionally present in an ongoing Machine Learning study group
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Solid foundation and keen interest in statistical modeling and machine learning
- Strong object oriented programming skills (Java strongly preferred)
- Interest in working with MapReduce technologies (such as Hadoop)
- Preferred: Direct experience applying Machine Learning and Data Mining algorithms to solve complex problems of massive scale
- Preferred: Recent programming experience in a production environment
Quantcast (www.quantcast.com) is an audience measurement and targeting company. The pioneer of direct audience measurement, we start with the industry's most in-depth understanding of digital audiences to help marketers and publishers buy and sell the most effective targeted advertising and drive conversions through the full funnel.
Our products let publishers match their audience to the exact consumers an advertiser wants to reach with impression level targeting. Ranked Fast Company's #3 Most Innovative Company on the Web and the Overall Winner of AlwaysOn's Global 250 Top Private Companies, Quantcast is used by the world's leading advertisers, the top 10 media agencies and 100+ million web destinations. Launched in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Founders Fund, Polaris Venture Partners, Revolution Ventures and Cisco Systems.